Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX DG HSM II Macro Zoom Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Free Expedited Shipping!
Want it today? choose "order pickup" for 30 min. pickup.
In Stock - Authorized Dealer
Includes Free - Microfiber Cleaning Cloth ($4.99 Value)
This large aperture zoom lens has improved optical performance and retains close-up ability with a minimum focusing distance of 100cm/39.4in and maximum magnification ration of 1:3.5. This lens is suitable for taking all type of subjects such as portraits, landscape, and close-up pictures. Two SLD (Special Low Dispersion) and three ELD (Extraordinary Low Dispersion) glass elements provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations. High image quality is assured throughout the entire zoom range. The super multi-layer coating reduces flare and ghosting. This lens incorporates HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), which ensures a quiet and high-speed AF as well as full-time manual focusing capability. The lens design incorporates an inner focusing and inner zooming systems. The overall length of the lens does not change during focusing and zooming, ensuring convenient handling. A removable tripod collar (TS-21) is included as a standard component. When this lens is used with the optional 1.4x EX DG APO or 2x EX DG APO Tele Converters, it becomes a 98-280mm F4 AF telephoto zoom lens or a 140-400mm F5.6 AF telephoto zoom lens respectively.
From the Manufacturer
This large aperture 70-200mm macro zoom lens offers an improved optical performance over earlier versions while retaining the same close-up ability (39.4 inches) and magnification range (1:3.5) as before. The lens--which is suitable for a range of applications, including portraits, landscape photos, and close-ups--offers two special-low-dispersion (SLD) and three extraordinary-low-dispersion (ELD) glass elements. The elements combine to provide excellent correction for all types of aberrations, ensuring high image quality throughout the entire zoom range. The lens also incorporates a Hyper Sonic Motor (HSM), which supports a quiet, high-speed autofocus system as well as full-time manual focusing. Other features include a super multilayer coating that reduces flare and ghosting, inner focusing and inner zooming systems that preserve the overall length of the lens while shooting to ensure convenient handling, and a removable tripod collar. All Sigma lenses carry a four-year warranty.
- Focal length: 70 to 200mm
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Lens construction: 18 elements in 15 groups
- Angle of view: 34.3 to 12.3 degrees
- Number of diaphragm blades: 9
- Minimum focusing distance: 39.4 inches
- Maximum magnification: 1:3.5
- Filter size: 77mm
- Hood: Petal type
- Corresponding AF mounts: Canon
- Dimensions: 3.4 inches in diameter and 7.3 inches long
- Weight: 48.3 ounces
- Warranty: 4 year
- 70-200mm focal length
- 105-300mm equivalent focal length on APS-C cameras, 140-400mm equivalent focal length on Four Thirds / Micro Four Thirds cameras, 112-320mm equivalent focal length on Canon APS-C cameras
- F2.8 constant maximum aperture; F22 minimum
- Ring-type ultrasonic-type AF motor with full-time manual focusing
- 77mm filters
- 1.00m/39.37" minimum focus
- Available in Canon EF, Four Thirds, Pentax KAF3, Sony Alpha, Sigma SA, Nikon F (FX) mounts