- Lightest and most compact in its class of fast tele zooms for Sony full-frame mirrorless
- VXD linear motor focus mechanism delivers high-speed and high precision autofocus performance
- Superior optical design for uncompromised image quality
- Moisture-Resistant Construction, Fluorine Coating, and Zoom Lock switch
- Tamron 6 Year Limited USA Warranty for new lenses purchased from Tamron USA Authorized Dealer
Details: The 70-180mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A056) large aperture telephoto zoom lens is designed for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras and is just as comfortable on APS-C mirrorless as well. The greatest feature is its superb performance even while attaining a high-speed F/2.8 aperture across the entire zoom range and offering the world's lightest and most compact package at just 5.9" length (at the 70mm setting) and a weight of 28.6 oz. Thanks to the generous use of special lens elements, the 70-180mm F/2.8 achieves excellent optical performance from center to edge. With the short MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of 33.5", the 70-180mm F/2.8 expands the possibilities for photographic expression. For the AF drive, Tamron has newly developed the VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive), a linear motor focus mechanism that delivers high-speed and high precision autofocus performance for both stills and video. Add it all together and you can go light while going long—and get the shot!
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.