- 12.8MP High-Sensitivity 1.5" CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 6 Image Processor
- Canon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
- 24-120mm f/2-3.9 (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0" 1,040k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- High-Speed AF and 5.2 fps Shooting
- HS SYSTEM and Optical Image Stabilizer
- Dual Control Rings and 14-Bit RAW
The Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II Digital Camera is an advanced compact camera featuring a 12.8MP High-Sensitivity 1.5" CMOS sensor and a DIGIC 6 image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and Full HD 1080p video with notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 12800. The sensor and processor work together to form the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps to improve the image quality of dimly-lit shots by reducing noise and enhancing the overall clarity. Additionally, the processor offers a range of speed-related assets throughout the camera, including a maximum full resolution continuous shooting rate of 5.2 fps for up to an SDHC/SDXC UHS-I memory card's capacity as well as a High-Speed AF system for maintained sharpness in a variety of shooting conditions.
The built-in Canon 5x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 24-120mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto length perspectives. A maximum aperture of f/2-3.9 contributes to working in low lighting and, when coupled with the 9-blade diaphragm, helps to isolate subject matter and realize a pleasing out-of-focus quality in shallow depth of field images. Benefitting this lens' coverage is an Optical Image Stabilizer system, which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake to suit working with longer shutter speeds and greater focal lengths.
The compact camera design integrates a number of design elements that complement an overall intuitive handling scheme, including a 3.0" 1,040k-dot capacitive touchscreen LCD that features a tilting design to benefit working from high and low angles. A redeveloped lens design also increases shooting efficiency through its incorporation of Dual Control Rings, which support a range of customizable settings and mimic the operation of a traditional SLR lens, including full-time manual focusing abilities, for greater familiarity during shooting.
Complementing the imaging and handling traits of the camera is built-in Wi-Fi connectivity, which allows for the instant sharing of photos and videos to linked mobile devices, home computers, or directly to select social networking sites. Connection is further simplified through the implementation of NFC technology to streamline the sharing process. Once linked, mobile devices can also be used to control and release the camera's shutter.
12.8MP High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 6 Image Processor
The redeveloped sensor and processor also combine to enable RAW imaging with 14-bit signal processing, the same used in Canon's EOS DSLRs, to provide high image quality with expanded post-processing capabilities. RAW imagery can be recorded in both 3:2 and 4:3 ratios, and due to the size of the sensor, the angle of view remains the same when transitioning from one format to another.
Canon 5x Optical Zoom Lens
The lens' performance is further enhanced through the inclusion of an Optical Image Stabilizer system, which helps to minimize the appearance of camera shakes to suit working in difficult lighting conditions. Furthermore, an Intelligent IS system offers unique stabilization solutions depending on specific shooting conditions. The Normal setting corrects for a wide range of movements and is ideal for still photography; the Panning setting detects when panning shots are being made and does not compensate for lateral shake; the Macro (Hybrid) setting specifically corrects for shift-type shake that is common when working with the close-up subject matter; the Dynamic mode is highly effective for video work and wide-angle settings and helps to minimize common shake that occurs while walking or moving with the camera; the Powered setting is suited for shooting at the telephoto end of the zoom range when the handshake is most prevalent; the Active Tripod mode is used for recording video atop a tripod where minor amounts of camera shake can occur; and Tripod mode simply turns off the IS since it is no longer needed.
When connected, the mobile device can also be used to remotely control and release the camera's shutter, self-timer, flash, and zoom from a distance, as well as display a live view image on the linked device's screen.
Benefitting the overall control and handling capabilities, Dual Control Rings surround the lens and offer an intuitive means for controlling customizable functions and camera settings. The inner ring is stepped and can be set to control aperture value, shutter speed, and exposure compensation. The outer, non-stepped ring has a different texture for easy recognition and is used for fine-tuned adjustments, including full-time manual focus akin to a traditional SLR lens. When combined with a rear control dial, the camera can be easily configured to give immediate access to the most frequently used camera controls.
- Photographing and recording movies during nighttime are enhanced through a series of dedicated star shooting modes, including Star Nightscapes, Star Trails, Star Time-Lapse Movies, and Star Portrait, which help to easily achieve clear, brilliant imagery of the night sky. Star Portrait mode, in particular, records two consecutive images of a subject and one of the night sky and composites all three into a well-rendered portrait with a properly depicted starry sky. Each of these modes can be used with auto or manual settings, and Night Display, Color Adjustment, and Star Emphasis support functions further aid the photographing process.
- A 31-point AF system delivers precise focus in a quick and consistent manner. Individual focus points are easily selectable as well as different AF frame sizes depending on the type of subject being photographed. One-point and Touch AF functions are also supported.
- Benefitting manual focus operation, MF Peaking is available and works to highlight bright edges of contrast for faster, more precise control over critical focus.
- Multiple aspect ratios RAW imagery can be recorded in both 3:2 and 4:3 formats, with further support given for other formats in the RAW+JPEG file saving format. When shooting in 3:2 or 16:9 ratios, a JPEG will be saved in the chosen format with a RAW image being saved in the 3:2 format. When shooting in 4:3, 1:1, or 4:5 aspect ratios, a JPEG will be saved in the chosen format and a RAW image will be saved in the 4:3 aspect ratio.
- A hot shoe is incorporated to permit the use of an off-camera, external flash and is compatible with Canon Speedlite flashes for utilizing the intelligent E-TTL II flash metering system.
- The High Dynamic Range scene mode is ideally suited to working in high contrast environments and records three consecutive exposures-one underexposed, one overexposed, and one at normal-in order to realize one composite image displaying extended shadow and highlight detail with an expanded range of mid-tones.
- Four Sub-modes-Art Bold, Art Vivid, Art Standard, and Art Embossed-allow you to more precisely refine the final output and appearance of imagery in-camera
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.