- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/40
- Fluorite and Super UD Elements
- Four Aspherical Elements
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Floating Elements System, Full-Time MF
- Adjustable Zoom Ring Lock
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- 8-Blade Diaphragm
The EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens is a telephoto zoom and member of Canon's elite L-series of optics. One fluorite element and one Super UD element are featured, along with four aspherical elements, to produce well-corrected imagery without chromatic or spherical aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. A floating elements system is also used to maintain image quality throughout both the focusing and zoom ranges. Complementing the imaging attributes, this 100-400mm also features an Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake by two stops for sharper handheld shooting. The ring-type USM is employed, too, to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. Additionally, a removable rotating tripod collar is included for stable use of the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Telephoto zoom 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 lens is compatible with full-frame EOS DSLRs, as well as APS-C sized sensors where it will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 160-640mm.
- One fluorite element and one Super UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) element help to correct chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements help to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and definition.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent image quality throughout the zoom range, at each focal length, and throughout the focusing range, from 5.9' to infinity.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to two shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that it optimized for continuous shooting applications.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with a rear focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Adjustable zoom ring design allows you to lock the zoom position at any focal length.
- Eight diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.