- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/40
- Fluorite and Super UD Elements
- Four Aspherical Elements
- Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Floating Elements System, Full-Time MF
- Adjustable Zoom Ring Lock
- Detachable, Rotatable Tripod Collar
- 8-Blade Diaphragm
The EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Lens is a telephoto zoom and member of Canon's elite L-series of optics. One fluorite element and one Super UD element are featured, along with four aspherical elements, to produce well-corrected imagery without chromatic or spherical aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. A floating elements system is also used to maintain image quality throughout both the focusing and zoom ranges. Complementing the imaging attributes, this 100-400mm also features an Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake by two stops for sharper handheld shooting. The ring-type USM is employed, too, to deliver quick and quiet autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus control. Additionally, a removable rotating tripod collar is included for stable use of the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Telephoto zoom 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 lens is compatible with full-frame EOS DSLRs, as well as APS-C sized sensors where it will provide a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 160-640mm.
- One fluorite element and one Super UD (Ultra Low Dispersion) element help to correct chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range for a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- Four aspherical elements help to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and definition.
- Floating elements system maintains consistent image quality throughout the zoom range, at each focal length, and throughout the focusing range, from 5.9' to infinity.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to two shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. In addition to the single-shot standard IS mode, a second mode is also available that it optimized for continuous shooting applications.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with a rear focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Adjustable zoom ring design allows you to lock the zoom position at any focal length.
- Eight diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Removable rotating tripod collar is included and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.