- Strong output with fast recycling times
- Zoom setting adjusts based on camera sensor size with compatible cameras
- Relatively even illumination
- Conveys color temperature information to the camera
- 180° swivel in left and right
- Vertical tilt
- Select Dial makes setting changes faster & easier
- Compatible with all Canon EOS cameras, digital or film
- Strong 180 Guide Number (ISO 100 in ft)
- Head tilts upwards and swivels side to side for maximum bounce flexibility
- Informative display screen with backlight
- Segmented distance scale allows estimation of output needed versus recycle time
- External battery pack connection
- AF assist beam helps autofocus in low lighting
- Dedicated switch for setting Master or Slave Wireless modes
- Supports Flash Exposure Compensation & Flash Exposure Bracketing in 1/2 and 1/3 stop increments
- Stroboscopic mode
- Supports High-Speed FP Sync, Rear Curtain Sync, and FEL (Flash Exposure Lock)
The Speedlite 580EX takes the best features from existing models and adds functionality that enhances digital photography. A more powerful flash with a maximum guide number of 58/191 at ISO 100 in meters/feet (at 105mm focal length), faster recycling, more consistent color and enhanced controls are among the improvements that all photographers, especially those who shoot digital, will find useful.
The Speedlite 580EX flash is compatible with Canon's E-TTL II (Evaluative Through The Lens) auto exposure technology. When combined with a compatible Canon camera (EOS-1D/s Mark II, D-20, Elan 7N/E) and compatible lens, E-TTL II utilizes subject distance and other information that automatically modifies flash power, resulting in accurate flash exposure regardless of subject size, reflectance, or photographic composition. This is great for photographers that shoot high contrast or reflective subjects, like those encountered in wedding photography. Photographers can now capture every detail from the black of tuxedos to the white of wide smiles and wedding dresses.
In addition, when color temperature data is automatically transmitted from the 580EX, the camera sets the color balance for the optimal flash shot.
Multiple Flash Exposure Modes
Faster Recycling Time
- FE Lock Flash exposure lock
- FP Mode, or high-speed sync, allows the camera to sync with flash at higher shutter speeds
- Second-curtain sync fires the flash at the end of the exposure, allowing streak of light to flow naturally behind the movement of the subject
- Wireless TTL flash when combined with ST-E2 Transmitter & multiple 550 EX's
- Stroboscopic mode shows several minute flashes continuously to easily view flash effect
- FEB Flash Exposure Bracketing
- 14 Custom Functions that provide maximum control over various flash functions
- Ratio flash lighting of up to 8:1 when used with ST-E2 Transmitter & multiple 550 or 580EX's
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.