- 40MP Full-Frame B&W CMOS Sensor
- No Color Array or Low Pass Filter
- Leica Maestro II Image Processor
- Optical 0.73x-Magnification Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- ISO 160-100,000, Up to 4.5 fps Shooting
- Stills-Only Operation
- Built-In Wi-Fi, for Use with FOTOS App
- Weather-Resistant Brass Construction
- Limited Edition of 650
The 150th anniversary of Ernst Leitz taking over Leica and branding it with the Leitz name, the M10 Monochrom "Leitz Wetzlar" is a limited-edition version of the camera featuring a specialized engraving on the top plate of the camera. This camera is part of a limited production run of 650 units.
This specialized digital rangefinder camera has been configured with a unique 40MP full-frame monochrome CMOS sensor, which is used for the sole purpose of recording vivid and rich black and white still photographs. Versus a standard CMOS sensor, this specialized monochrome sensor sees the removal of the color filter array to enable recording of just luminance values in order to achieve greater visual depth and clarity, along with improved sensitivity to ISO 100,000 and reduced noise levels to suit working in difficult lighting. The sensor's design also sees the omission of an optical low-pass filter, which helps to produce sharper, higher resolution imagery.
Sharing design traits with other M10-series cameras, the M10 Monochrom features a slim body profile reminiscent of M film cameras, and a larger 0.73x-magnification optical viewfinder allows for greater composition and focusing accuracy. The body design also incorporates a dedicated ISO dial for quick adjustment, even when the camera is turned off, and the rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD features a Gorilla Glass cover to guard against scratching and light impacts. Also contributing to durability, the top and bottom plates are constructed from brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy to realize a robust physical construction for long-lasting use. Additionally, the M10 Monochrom also features an integrated Wi-Fi module for wireless sharing and remote camera control from a linked mobile device via the Leica FOTOS app.
Monochrom "Leitz Wetzlar"
40MP Black & White CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
Optical Viewfinder and Rangefinder
The rangefinder mechanism displays split or superimposed bright field images within the center of the viewfinder to benefit accurate manual focusing control. The effective rangefinder metering basis is 50.6mm (mechanical metering basis 69.31mm x viewfinder magnification of 0.73x).
Body Design and Built-In Wi-Fi
- Slim body profile is reminiscent of Leica's film cameras for easier handling and manipulation
- Integrated ISO dial is featured on the top plate to permit simple and direct adjustment of sensitivity values, even when the camera is turned off.
- The rear of the camera features just three buttons—live view, playback, and menu—for more simplified and intuitive navigation of the camera's control-set.
- A programmable Favorites menu can be used, which allows you to define your most oft-used settings and select them for easy, one-touch access.
- 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive, bright, and large means for image playback as well as live view shooting.
- Rear LCD monitor has a Corning Gorilla Glass cover to protect it against scratching and impacts.
- Top and bottom plates are machined from solid blocks of brass and the chassis is built from magnesium alloy for a truly durable, hard-wearing physical construction.
- Rubber seals are used to prevent the entrance of light rain and dust to enable working in inclement conditions.
- Built-in Wi-Fi permits sharing imagery directly to a linked smartphone and also enables remote control over the M10 Monochrom to adjust select shooting parameters or to release the shutter via the Leica FOTOS app.
Other Camera Features
- Integrated 2GB buffer for recording 4.5 fps bursts of up to 10 consecutive frames.
- Images can be recorded in either the DNG or JPEG file format.
- A top hot shoe permits working with an external flash and the top sync speed is 1/180 sec.
- When working in live view, focus peaking is available to highlight edges of contrast for easier, more precise manual focus adjustment.
- Designed to accept all M-mount lenses, Leica R-mount lenses are also compatible through the use of an optional R to M adapter.
- Compatible with the optional Visoflex accessory electronic viewfinder for manually focusing adapted lenses.
- Language support: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, and Korean.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.