- 16.2MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 3 Image Processor
- 3.2" 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Dedicated Still Image Only Camera
- Multi-CAM 4800 39-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 12800, Extended to ISO 204800
- 5.5 fps Shooting at Full Resolution
- Mechanical Exposure Control Dials
- Compatible with AI and Non-AI Lenses
- Rugged Magnesium Alloy Body
- MPN: 1525
The black Nikon Df DSLR Camera revolves around a unique manual and mechanical design that champions a simple and intuitive method of working, while still retaining the highest imaging quality and functionality available. Featuring a full-frame, FX-format 16.2MP CMOS sensor, and EXPEED 3 image processor, the Df is capable of producing high-resolution, well-detailed still imagery with exceptional color rendition, tonal gradation, and highlight and shadow detail. A notable low-light sensitivity range of ISO 100-12800 can be further expanded to ISO 50-204800 for challenging lighting conditions and a top continuous shooting rate of 5.5 fps aids in working with fast-moving subject matter.
The manually-configurable design of the Df blends a timeless control scheme with contemporary precision to enable simple and direct handling of all exposure features of the camera. Utilizing dedicated shutter speed, exposure compensation, ISO sensitivity, exposure mode, and release mode dials, efficient control is possible without needing to delve into a complex menu structure. For viewing, both an optical glass pentaprism viewfinder and a 3.2" 921k-dot LCD monitor are housed within the magnesium alloy body design. When using the LCD for live view shooting, the image can be magnified up to 19x for critical focus, and a fast contrast-detection focusing method is used. Both a hot shoe and flash sync terminal are integrated into the body's design, too, as well as a unique mount system that employs a metering coupling lever to enable the use of both AI and non-AI lenses for extensive support of NIKKOR lenses from the past and present.
When working with the optical viewfinder, the Multi-CAM 4800 AF system is used and employs 39 points about the frame, with nine cross-type points for added accuracy when photographing in more difficult light. Seven centrally-located sensors are also compatible with f/8 or faster lenses, which greatly enhances the autofocus performance when working with longer, telephoto lenses used in combination with teleconverters.
Accurate exposure metering is done using a 2,016-pixel RGB sensor and Nikon's Scene Recognition System, which automatically analyzes all aspects within a scene, including brightness, contrast, and color, and compares these values to an on-board database in order to determine an appropriate exposure value that is consistent from image to image. White balance, autofocus, and i-TTL flash metering also use this system and, additionally, the Spot White Balance feature can be used in live view for pin-point selection of a white area within the scene to deliver true color balance. Built-in HDR and Active D-Lighting can be used to extend the apparent dynamic range of a scene and Picture Control settings can be applied to refine the overall look and feel of colors and contrast in-camera.
A unique lens mount system has also been developed and integrates a metering coupling lever to enable the use of both AI (Aperture Index) and non-AI lenses. This means that in addition to supporting current AF-S, AF-D, and AF NIKKOR lenses, past manual focus, non-AI lenses can also be used without any modification necessary.
When working in live view, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Four distinct AF-area modes are available when using the contrast-detection focusing method: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF. Additionally, benefitting working with manual focus when in live view, the image can be magnified up to 19x for critical examination and easier focus confirmation.
- Picture Control modes can be directly accessed via a dedicated button and allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera, and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 3's processing power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Built-in HDR works to extend the tonal and exposure range of a single image by recording two separate exposures and blending them together in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details with an extended range of mid-tones. The smoothness of the edge where the two separate exposures meet can be adjusted for more apparent softness to benefit images with a greater range of encompassed exposure values. This mode is best suited for working with stationary subjects.
- The accessory terminal supports the use of the optional WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter to enable remote, instant transferring of photos to Android and iOS mobile devices for sharing online. The GP-1A GPS Unit is also supported, which automatically adds locational information to images' metadata for geotagging applications.
- Spot White Balance enables precise, selective control of the white balance setting by simply pointing and metering a pure white portion of the scene in order to set the proper color balance when working in live view.
- One memory card slot is available and accepts SD, SDHC, and SDXC type memory cards, including UHS-I SDHC and SDXC cards.
- An in-camera virtual horizon can detect both rolling (horizontal inclination) and pitching (forward or rear inclination) directions and display an electronic level on the LCD when working in live view. The rolling direction of the tilt can also be displayed within the viewfinder.
- Supported languages: Arabic, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.