The Canon Power Shot SX170 IS Point-and-Shoot Camera is a compact point-and-shoot featuring a 16 megapixel 1/2.3" CCD sensor and DIGIC 4 image processor to produce high-resolution, well-detailed stills and HD 720p video. The processor also works to provide reduced noise levels and overall image clarity as well as power throughout the camera to enable a High-Speed AF system and intelligent auto-shooting modes.
The built-in Canon 16x optical zoom lens provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 28-448mm, covering wide-angle to telephoto lengths for shooting in nearly any environment. Aiding the long zoom reach, as well as working in low-light conditions, is the integration of an optical image stabilizer system to minimize the appearance of a camera shake. Intelligent IS image stabilization is also available and features six unique stabilization modes suited to different types of shooting.
For image composition, playback, and menu navigation, a 3.0" 230k-dot LCD is available and features a wide viewing angle to support use in bright conditions. The SX170 IS also features a refined ergonomic design to increase comfort during use. For refining the look of imagery and helping to ensure precise exposure settings, Smart AUTO modes can be utilized to allow the camera to select all camera settings based on the interpreted scene at hand. Thirty-two different pre-defined shooting situations are available to cover working in a wide variety of conditions.
16MP CCD Sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor
Canon 16x Optical Zoom Lens
Other Camera Features
- A large, bright 3.0" 230k-dot LCD monitor is available for live view monitoring, image review, and menu navigation.
- Smart AUTO is an intelligent auto mode that selects from 32 pre-defined shooting situations and applies the proper camera settings to ensure accurately detailed and exposed imagery.
- An ergonomic design allows for easier, more comfortable use and utilizes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery to reduce the overall size of the camera.
- A dedicated movie button and electronic wind filter help to enhance video recording by making it more accessible and improving the overall quality of recordings.
- Shooting modes: Manual, Aperture-Priority, Shutter-Priority, Program, Live View Control, Smart AUTO, Portrait, Face Self-Timer, Low Light, Snow, Fireworks, Creative Filters, Discreet Mode, and Movie.
- Special Scene Modes and Creative Filters are available to creatively and aesthetically enhance your imagery in-camera.
- ECO Mode works to enable more shooting time possible per battery charge by limiting the amount of time the camera is awake during inactive periods.
- Language support: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi, Hindi, Malay, Indonesian, and Vietnamese.