Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 Image Stabilized USM SLR Lens for EOS Digital SLR's
Canon’s 9517A002 EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens is equivalent to a 28-135mm lens and brings true wide-angle to tele coverage to EOS 60D, EOS 7D and Digital Rebel cameras. It has Canon’s Image Stabilization system, allowing safe hand-holding at speeds up to three stops slower than otherwise possible. Of course, it’s optically optimized for digital SLRs. A ring-type USM means both fast and silent AF, as well as full-time manual focus when in the AF mode.
From the Manufacturer
Equivalent to a 28-135mm lens, this new EF-S lens brings true wide-angle to tele coverage to EOS 20D and Digital Rebel shooters. It has Canon's Image Stabilization system, allowing safe hand-holding at speeds up to three stops slower than otherwise possible. And of course, it's optically optimized for digital SLRs. A ring-type USM means both fast and silent AF, as well as full-time manual focus when in the AF mode.
- Compact, lightweight design with a 5x zoom ratio -- 28 to 135mm equivalent
- Excellent optical quality: Aspheric element with two Aspherical surfaces utilized
- Close-focusing to 1.15 feet -- at 135mm, fills the frame with subject 3 x 4.4 inches
- Ring-type Ultrasonic motor for superior AF performance; allows full-time MF
- Image Stabilization extends the lens's usefulness in low-light levels
- Circular aperture design -- natural highlights, even stopped down two stops
- Non-rotating front element; lens length does not change during zooming
- EF-S lens mount -- exclusively for EOS 20D and Digital Rebel bodies
- Focal length is 17-85mm, aperture is 1:4-5.6 and filter size is 67mm
- Lens construction is 17 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal angle of view is ° 78° 30 ft. - 18° 25 ft.
- Ring USM zoom system
- Closest focusing distance is 1.15 feet
- 17-85mm standard zoom lens with f/4-5.6 maximum aperture for EOS digital SLR cameras
- Image Stabilization system reduces camera shake to extend use in low-light levels