What Customers Are SayingLatest Google Reviews
Canon's VIXIA HF-100 AVCHD Flash Memory High Definition Camcorder brings together compact design with the convenience of recording in HD to flash memory. Thanks to its small size, you can take this camera anywhere you go for recording family vacations or just capturing on-the-fly moments during your daily routine. Recording in high definition to flash memory cards opens up a whole new world of possibilities, making it quick and easy to upload stunning video and stills to your PC for emailing, printing or sharing on sites such as YouTube. And, in the event that you fill up the recording time on one card, just replace it with another that's small enough to fit your pocket, taking up no room at all.
Canon gave this camcorder a 3.3Mp 1/3.2" Full HD CMOS sensor that captures remarkably clear, rich and accurate images each and every time. And because it records in HD when you play the footage back on your widescreen HDTV you'll see the amazing picture quality in every scene. The HF-100 also features a 2.7" widescreen multi-angle vivid LCD, SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization, and a DIGIC DVII image processor for clear, rich video and stills. Canon's own 12x HD Video Zoom Lens has three preset zoom speeds for recording smooth shots and a Super Spectra Coating for reduction of flare and glare.
This camcorder gets even better with 24p recording, allowing you to obtain that film-look and 30p Progressive Mode for shooting action and for footage you plan on posting to the web. The Quick Start mode keeps your camera in sleep mode and brings it up and ready to record in less than a second with the touch of a button. All of these features and then some make the HF-100 an exceptional value.
- 3.3Mp 1/3.2" Full HD CMOS Sensor
- Film in 1920 x 1080 high definition with the 1/3.2" 3.3Mp Full HD CMOS Sensor. This sensor provides high color resolution and reproduction for stunning video and still images each and every time. The RGB Primary Color Filter separates light into red, green and blue for rich, natural tones that are true-to-life. This HD CMOS sensor also proves exceptional in light-low situations as well.
- DIGIC DVII Image Processor
- DIGIC DVII, unlike its predecessor DIGIC DV, is specially designed for HD image capture. Your video and still images will look better than ever in HD thanks to improved color reproduction for skin tones and light and dark situations. This processor also reduces image noise with two types of noise reduction for clean, crisp video and stills. There's more, the DIGIC DVII also provides for faster shooting of still images - up to 5 (3.1Mp) images per second.
- Instant AF
- The Instant AF on the HF-100 uses an external sensor along with Canon's autofocus system to ensure that you get the clear, accurate images that are crucial when recording in HD.
- SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization
- Canon's own SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) corrects for a variety of camera motion, not just hand shake. Fast vibrations, like a moving car, medium-speed motion when hand hold recording, and the slower motion of body sway are all accounted for. Even when shooting at long focal lengths SuperRange OIS comes through with a clean, stable shot.
- 24p Cinema Mode
- By changing the camera's frame capture rate to 24p you can give your video that film-look with the 24p Cinema Mode. The CINE setting will further enhance your video by increasing richness in color and tone. Use both settings together or separately to create your desired look and feel.
- Mini HDMI Terminal
- The Mini HDMI Terminal allows you to share HD video and audio via one cable for impressive playback quality on your TV.
- 30p Progressive Mode
- Usually only found in the professional camera market 30p Progressive Mode allows you to shoot at 30p as opposed to the standard video frame rate of 60i. Use this function video you plan to post to the Internet or for action shots and see the difference!
- Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe
- The Mini Advanced Accessory Shoe lets you add video lights, flashes and external microphones to the HF-100 without having to navigate extra cords or batteries.
- 2.7" Multi-Angle Vivid Widescreen LCD
- The widescreen LCD display presents accurate, clear images each and every time, especially helpful when you are composing or sharing video with friends or family on playback. A wider range of viewing angles also helps. The hard coat AR surface and improved color reproduction helps ensure that what you capture is truer to the actual scene.
- 12x HD Video Zoom Lens
- The HD Video Lens with 12x optical zoom demonstrates the quality Canon's lenses are known for. Capture every moment with three pre-set zoom speeds for smooth, accurate close-up and zoom shots. The Super spectra coating protects your images from the flare and glare that plagues video and stills, especially when shooting outdoors. Clean, accurate video and higher resolution are thanks to the new aspheric lens design that decreases aberration and increases resolution while the new gradation ND system corrects the image when recording in bright situations.
- Share and print your still images with the touch of the button using a PictBridge compatible printer via the included USB cable.
- Quick Start
- Never miss the moment again because you're waiting for your camcorder to start up. Pressing the Quick Start button once keeps your camera in sleep mode. When you're ready to start recording just hit the button again and you can start recording in under a second.
- Microphone Input Jack
- Virtually extinct in the consumer camcorder market the microphone input makes a comeback for recording audio with an external mic for superb clarity.
- Wireless Remote
- Use the wireless remote to control the camcorder when you you're using a tripod or just want to be in the picture too.
We Also Recommend
Canon EF-S 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Standard Zoom Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras White Box
Leica Q2 Digital Camera