Leica M (Typ 262) Digital Rangefinder Camera (Black Body Only)
Purveying the essence of rangefinder photography, theM (Typ 262)signalsLeica'scommitment to simple, straight photography while still incorporating contemporary qualities for refined image-making. Revolving around a full-frame 24MP CMOS sensor and Maestro image processor, the Typ 262 omits now-conventional video and live view features to produce a stills-only camera capable of shooting at up to 3 fps with sensitivities up to ISO 6400. An updated body design sees the incorporation of an aluminum alloy top plate, for a noticeable reduction in weight compared to typical brass plates, and a redeveloped shutter cocking mechanism is notably quiet for discrete shooting applications. Of course, as a Leica rangefinder, this model features a 0.68x optical viewfinder with split and superimposed manual focusing, automatic parallax correction, and automatic image field selection based on the attached lens. A 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD monitor with scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass cover is also featured, however is sparingly used for solely reviewing imagery, adjusting white balance, or navigating the two-page menu system.
- 24MP Leica MAX Full-Frame CMOS Sensor Maestro Image Processor
- Stills-Only Operation, No Live View Rangefinder Focusing
- Optical 0.68x-Magnification Viewfinder 3.0" 921.6k-Dot LCD with Gorilla Glass
- ISO 6400 and 3 fps Continuous Shooting Quiet Shutter Cocking Mechanism
- Compatible with M Mount Lenses Aluminum Top Plate, Red Leica Dot