- Z-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One ED Element, One Aspherical Element
- 1:1 Magnification
- 6.3" Minimum Focus
- STM Autofocus System
- Focus Range Limiter
- Magnification and Focus Distance Indexes
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Compatible with ES-2 Film Digitizing Set
The NIKKOR Z MC 50mm f/2.8 Lens from Nikon. Ideal for spontaneous snapshots, food photography, or exploring the minute details of everyday life, this normal-length macro lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 6.3" to suit working with close-up subjects. The lens also doubles as an outstanding portrait lens. The combination of its shallow depth of field and life size magnification creates a unique, almost three-dimensional effect in your stills and videos.
A bright f/2.8 maximum aperture lets you confidently work in low light conditions and offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and using selective focus techniques. Edge-to-edge sharpness is excellent, and a rounded nine-blade diaphragm ensures beautiful bokeh and background blur to isolate the subject from the background. ED and aspherical lens elements provide optimal correction of coma and chromatic aberration, and a fluorine coating reduces dirt, water, and smudges from sticking to the surface of the lens. The lens makes use of a stepping motor for fast, precise, smooth, and quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling, and this quiet drive system makes the lens ideal for use when shooting video. Additionally, a unique front-focusing design minimizes the size and weight of the lens for easy and comfortable carrying. Compact, lightweight, and versatile, this stylish and sharp lens is likely to become one of your most prized lenses.
- Normal-length prime designed for FX-format Nikon Z-mount cameras, however, can also be used with DX models where it provides a 75mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro and portrait shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 6.3" to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and using selective focus techniques.
- 6.3" minimum focus distance highlights the smallest textures, shapes, and details in a natural-looking 50mm perspective.
- Excellent edge-to-edge sharpness with minimal distortion
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm provides beautiful bokeh and background blur to isolate subject from the background.
- Fast, accurate, and virtually silent autofocus system with suppressed hunting and breathing. Includes focus limiter switch for even more speed and accuracy across a smaller distance range.
- Electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting.
- Lens barrel indicator for reproduction ratio and focus distance.
- Fluorine coating reduces dirt, water, and smudges from sticking to the surface of the lens.
- Large metal lens mount provides more light capture, sharper details, better colors, and less distortion.
- Unique front-focusing design minimizes the size and weight of the lens for easy and comfortable carrying.
- Compatible with ES-2 Film Digitizing Set, lets you turn your full-frame Z-series camera into a high-resolution film digitizer. Bring 35mm film negatives or slides back to life as stunning digital images.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.