Panasonic DMC FX-150K 14.7MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Wide Angle MEGA Optical Image Stabilized Zoom (Black)
Brand New - USA Version
Free Expedited Shipping
No Sales Tax Outside of CT
Stylish and feature-rich, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX150 is equipped with 14.7 megapixels, and also boasts a 28mm wide-angle Leica DC Vario-ELMARIT lens with F2.8 brightness and 3.6x optical zoom.
The FX150s manual controls and creative-shooting features distinguish it from many of its ultra-compact competitors. For instance, the Manual Exposure mode lets you choose the shutter speed, giving the freedom to render artistic images of ordinary scenes. The multi-exposure function superimposes up to three consecutively shot images together while the user views the previous image on the LCD, creating a surrealistic effect that cannot be achieved with a single image alone. Furthermore, the manual bracketing function includes typical exposure and adds new color bracketing to capture color, monochromatic and sepia shots of an image simultaneously.
The FX150 also records original photos in the RAW file format and comes bundled with the SILKYPIX Developer Studio 3.0SE software application, enabling the user to freely adjust RAW data settings such as exposure bias and white balance even after shooting for greater editing and image development.
In addition to manual controls, the FX150 also offers Panasonics Intelligent Auto (iA) mode that provides the user with automatic settings adjustments depending on the shooting environment. A new technology, called AF (auto focus) Tracking, has been added to the iA roster of features. AF tracking enables the camera to lock focus on a moving object. Additionally, AF Tracking increases Face Detection accuracy, allowing for crisp, sharp-focused shots even if the subject moves while shooting the image.
When the FX150 is set to iA mode, the following technologies engage automatically, no settings need to be made:
- Intelligent Exposure -- Helps prevents photos from being under- or over-exposed by instantly analyzing the framed image and adjusting the brightness in areas that are too dark because of dim lighting, backlighting or the use of the flash. The camera will automatically adjust the brightness accordingly.
- Digital Red-eye Correction-- Helps to eliminate the red-eye problem that sometimes results when taking flash shots at night. Incorporated into the camera, the built-in flash emits a small preliminary flash before the main flash, detects red-eye and will digitally correct it.
- MEGA O.I.S. -- Gyrosensors detect hand-shake and the lens system shifts to compensate, helping to prevent hand-shake from creating a blurry image.
- Intelligent ISO -- Determines if the photo subject is moving and changes the ISO setting and shutter speed accordingly, thus giving a blur-free photo.
- Intelligent Scene Selector -- Senses the ambient conditions, recognizes the shooting environment and will automatically select the appropriate scene mode from: Scenery, Portrait, Macro, Night Portrait or Night Scenery mode. This intuitive technology, helps the consumer use the most common scene modes that are built into the camera, but often go unused, without making any manual adjustments.
- Face Detection -- Detects faces in the frame (up to 15 faces), even if they are moving, and selects optimal focus and exposure settings so portraits come out clear.
- Quick AF (Auto Focus) -- Starts focus on the subject by just pointing the camera at the subject, thus minimizing the AF time.
- Image Leveling -- When a captured image "leans" to the right or left because the camera was held at a slight angle when the photo was taken, the Image Leveling function rotates the image to straighten it and crops the unnecessary edges. No computer needed!
- Scene Modes -- The FX150 offers 24 different scene modes to respond easily to any shooting situation. The new Pin Hole and Film Grain modes add unique, film-camera-like effects and ambiences to images and the Transform mode trims and stretches images to virtually transform the subject.
We Also Recommend
DSLR for Beginners / Confidence in How to Get off Auto