Tamron SP AF 1.4x Pro Teleconverter
Style:For Nikon Mount Lenses
A Teleconverter is a great way to extend the focal length of your lens. This Teleconverter will extend the focal length of your lens by 1.4x giving more magnification. The Tamron series Teleconverter offer superior optical construction for improved image quality.
From the Manufacturer
Simply fit a Tamron teleconverter between the lens and the camera body to increase a lens focal length, giving you extended telephoto capabilities so you can take photos with greater magnification from the same camera position. Tamron's AF teleconverters are compatible with most AF (autofocus) and autoexposure cameras.
SP for "Super Performance or "
Tamron's SP-series lenses are designed to achieve top optical performance. Ground breaking design concepts give these lenses unsurpassed image quality and ease of use while setting new standards for future generations of lenses.
- It is natural for the image quality to deteriorate when using a teleconverter since the lens becomes darker due to aperture loss: one F-stop (with 1.4X) or two F-stop (with 2X).
- Depending on the shooting conditions, the Auto Focus may hunt. In that case, please use MF (manual) mode.
- This teleconverter is not designed for digital use. We do not guarantee its performance when used on Digital SLR cameras.
- When using the teleconveter, it maybe difficult to achieve focus using AF because the depth of field becomes shallow. If this occurs, focus manually.For use with Nikon Digital SLR cameras
- If used with a variable F-number zoom lens (e.g. 2.8-3.5), AF may not operate at the telephoto side. If this occurs, focus manually