- 12.8 Megapixel
- Full-frame CMOS Sensor
- Durable Shutter
- 2.5" LCD Display
- Uses Canon EF Lenses
- Picture Style Settings
The Canon EOS 5D offers advanced photographers a lightweight, robust digital SLR that uses Canon's superlative EF lenses without a conversion factor. Its full-frame 12.8 Megapixel CMOS sensor combines with Canon's DIGIC II Image Processor, a high-precision 9-point AF system with 6 assist points, and "Picture Style" color control to deliver images of superior quality with enough resolution for any application. With its wide-angle capabilities, 2.5 inch LCD and magnesium-alloy body, the Canon EOS 5D is designed to serve the needs and interests of serious enthusiasts as well as professionals.
- 12.8 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS sensor developed by Canon, this high-resolution, 35mm full-frame CMOS sensor sets the standard for its class, featuring a remarkable 12.8 million effective pixels for a maximum recorded resolution of 4,368 x 2,912 pixels. Second-generation on-chip noise reduction is enhanced for easier use with a choice of two modes: "Auto", to engage auto noise reduction when noise is detected; "ON", to engage noise reduction for all exposures of 1 sec. or longer. From smooth gradations and wide ISO speed range to effective suppression of false colors and ultra-precise white balance, this sensor matches the image quality found in the flagship model of Canon's EOS digital SLR lineup, EOS-1Ds Mark II.
- High-Speed DIGIC II Imaging Engine
- DIGIC II is Canon's advanced imaging technology that processes massive data from the large CMOS sensor at extremely high speed for photos of exceptional quality and definition. This accelerated performance contributes to a highly responsive, user-friendly operation, including a fast continuous shooting speed. Color reproduction is extremely natural and details are incredibly precise, especially with gradations in the highlight areas. Such processing efficiency also keeps power consumption minimal.
- Picture Style Settings
- Like choosing film for a film camera, users can choose a style from Picture Styles that is ideally suited to the subject or shooting objective. Picture Styles replace the Processing Parameters and Color Matrix features of previous EOS DIGITAL cameras, bringing a uniform standard to EOS DIGITAL cameras that incorporate Picture Styles. Users can select from 6 preset image style settings (Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful and Monochrome) and 3 user-defined styles, depending on their particular subject, shooting conditions and photographic intentions.
- High-Performance functionality new EOS 5D has an array of premier functions often demanded by photographers who want hands-on creative control and comfort in a camera. Accurate focusing, enhanced durability, and quick, the reliable response will make inspired ideas come true. Look through the viewfinder or 2.5-inch LCD to see how bright and wide your vision can be. With the EOS 5D, Canon frees your hands as well as your imagination by simplifying shooting operations.
- Expanded Sensor Array for More Precise Composition
- The newly developed 9-point AF sensor with 6 Assist AF points provides speedy and precise focus detection plus enlarged subject coverage. With an extra 6 AF assist points added to the spot metering circle, the EOS 5D enables highly detailed focusing around the center of an image in AI Servo AF mode. Of the 9 primary AF points, the high-precision cross-type center AF point is compatible with f/2.8 and f/5.6 lenses, while 8 sensors are sensitive to f/5.6. Upper and lower central points, 2 of the 6 Assist AF points, are also f/2.8 and f/5.6 compatible. All focusing points are configured for quick focus in any shooting situation.
- Improved Shutter Durability
- An extremely fast, highly durable shutter unit has been specially developed to match the EOS 5D's full-frame 35mm CMOS sensor. The high-torque shutter-cocking mechanism is rated to 100,000 shots, attaining speeds from 1/8000 sec. to 30 sec. and bulb. The unit's flash synchronization (X-sync) function uses an optically detected, contactless switch instead of a mechanical one, which contributes to high durability and reliability when a Speedlite is used and yields an X-sync shutter speed of 1/200 sec.
- 2.5-inch LCD Screen - Quality Viewing from Any Angle
- This 2.5-inch, polysilicon TFT LCD color monitor with 230,000 pixels maintains the same picture quality and brightness (5 levels) from almost any viewing angle (170-degree), whether front and center or upward angle. With the EOS 5D as your eyes on the world, you get an unimpeded view with a display area nearly double that of the EOS 20D. Other features to inform your perspective include easy-to-read menus, a full-featured info screen complete with RGB histogram and AF frame displays, and enlargeable reviewing images right after shooting.
- 3 Frames Per Second (fps) Shooting
- Driven by the advanced DIGIC II imaging engine, the EOS 5D achieves a remarkable 3fps consecutive shooting speed during maximum bursts of 60 shots (17 in RAW) even for Large/Fine JPEG shots (with a Canon 512MB CF card). For rare shutter opportunities, the amazingly quick startup (approx. 0.2 sec.) and short shutter release time lag (75 milliseconds) will also help you capture the moment without delay. Another efficient use of your time is the fast transfer of data enabled by EOS 5D's compatibility with USB 2.0 High-Speed.
- Interchangeable Focusing Screens
- New enhancements of the viewfinder include an improved standard focusing screen interchangeable with two others (sold separately) for highly customized viewing. The Ee-S Super Precision Matte for easier manual focus and the Ee-D Precision Matte with grid have different metering characteristics for variable shooting conditions. The choice of three Precision Matte screens is a feature valued by professionals for added flexibility and greater precision.
- Better Collaboration with PictBridge-compatible Printers
- The EOS 5D helps optimize every shot with expanded PictBridge functionality. Printing beautiful photos is still done with minimum time and effort: connect to a PictBridge-compatible printer via USB port, select your image and print settings, and press the Direct Print button. But now you can choose Bordered prints with Exif shooting information, 35-up contact prints with photo number or date, 20-up prints with shooting information, or Prints with shooting information. These new functions can be enjoyed with the latest Canon PictBridge-compatible printers. With extras like new paper sizes and the PC-less printing effect of Face Brightener, getting tangible results from your camera has never been faster or easier.
- Solid Construction and Sophisticated Design
- Highly durable yet elegantly refined, the body of the EOS 5D can be handled with remarkable ease. It features a highly rigid magnesium alloy exterior (including the Battery Grip BG-E4), a solid stainless steel internal chassis, and a mirror box of high-strength engineering plastic. Balance is effortlessly maintained from the redesigned grip to the top of a Speedlite flash unit. With a front groove on the grip for the middle finger to the enhanced metallic feel of the Mode Dial, this camera assures greater stability at every point.
- Compatible with Over 50 Canon EF Lenses
- The EOS 5D is compatible with all Canon lenses in the EF lineup (except EF-S lenses), ranging from 14mm Ultra-Wide to 600mm Super Telephoto lenses. The EF lineup employs advanced optical know-how and sub-micron precision engineering to deliver unprecedented performance in all facets of the photographic process. Aspherical optics and fluorite elements, for example, are featured in the universally acclaimed L-series Lenses while Canon's Image Stabilization feature minimizes the effect of camera shake.
- Flash Photography Features
- The EOS 5D features Canon's E-TTL II flash metering system, which provides consistently accurate flash exposure from shot to shot. Canon's Speedlite 580EX and 430EX are perfectly suited to the EOS 5D. They include an AF-assist Beam, which works in conjunction with the EOS 5D's focusing system, and automatically sends color temperature information to the camera when the flash fires, for more accurate color rendition with flash photography.
- Optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E1A
- This accessory allows photographers to transmit images from their cameras directly to a computer over a local area network (LAN). It is compatible with the EOS-1Ds Mark II, 1D Mark II N, and 5D, with the EOS 20D through firmware upgrades.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.