- 14.2 Megapixel
- APS-C Format CCD Sensor
- 2.7" TFT Photo Clear LCD
- Anti-Dust Technology
The Sony Alpha A290 Digital SLR with 18-55mm Lens is a compact DSLR designed around a 14.2 (effective) megapixel APS-C format CCD sensor that utilizes a Sony BIONZ image processor to capture and process image files as RAW, JPEG, or RAW+JPEG at speeds of up to 2.5 frames-per-second. The Alpha A290 features the smallest and lightest body of any Sony Alpha series camera for improved portability, as well as an intuitive button layout that allows for easy single-handed operation. Files can be stored onto Memory Stick PRO Duo or SD/SDHC memory cards.
For indoor snapshots or eliminating 'raccoon eyes' when shooting portraits outdoors on sunny days, the Alpha A290 has a built-in pop-up flash (guide number 10 in meters @ ISO 100). There's also a hot-shoe for use with Sony dedicated TTL flashguns and other Sony-compatible flashguns.
For composing images the A290's eye-level pentamirror viewfinder shows 95% of the total image area. A rear-mounted 2.7" TFT Clear Photo LCD allows you to review the images you just photographed.
To facilitate sharp, well-exposed images, the Sony Alpha A290 utilizes a 9-point autofocus (AF) system that can be used in single or multi-shot mode. There's also an 'eye-start' mode which kick-starts the AF system when you raise the camera to your eye. For on-the-nose exposure readings the A290 features a 40-segment honeycomb-pattern SPC TTL metering system and Sony's D-Range Optimizer for balanced shadow and highlight details.
Other features of the Sony Alpha A290 include a Dust Reduction system, ISO settings that can be adjusted from a native 100 through an extended ISO 3200, a wide selection of shooting modes, an easy-to-read, easy-to-use menu interface, on-screen help guide and Sony SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization system for sharper imagery when shooting under low-light conditions with all Sony, Minolta, and Konica AF-mount lenses.
The included Sony SAL-1855 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 DT AF Lens has an equivalent focal length of 27-82.5mm in the 35mm/full frame standard. This is the perfect starter lens allowing you to shoot close-up and distance subjects. The Sony Alpha A290 powers off a Sony NP-FH50 lithium-ion battery, which can capture 500-plus images per charge.
14.2 Megapixel CCD Sensor
BIONZ Image Processor
2.7" TFT Photo Clear LCD
Fast 9-Point AF System
High Sensitivity (ISO 3200)
Dynamic Range Optimizer
2.5 fps Continuous Shooting
SteadyShot INSIDE In-camera Image Stabilization
Creative Style Settings
Scene Selection Modes
Dual Slot Compatibility for Memory
Smart Teleconverter 2X Digital Zoom
Integrated On-screen Help Guide
Function Guide Display
Built-in Pop-Up Flash
Lightweight and Stylish Body
Stamina Battery Power
Index and Slide Show Display
PhotoTV HD Compatibility
HDMI Terminal and BRAVIA Sync Compatibility
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.