Panasonic VDR-M95: A Look Back at a Classic MiniDV Camcorder
The Panasonic VDR-M95, released in 2004, is a discontinued MiniDV camcorder offering a glimpse into the early days of digital camcorders. While technology has significantly advanced since then, the VDR-M95 might appeal to collectors or those seeking a nostalgic camcorder experience.
Compact and Convenient Design:
- Palm-sized and lightweight: Easily slip the VDR-M5 into your pocket or bag, making it portable for capturing everyday moments.
- 2.5-inch LCD screen: Monitor your recordings and frame your shots on the small but functional display.
- Rotating lens: Enjoy flexible shooting angles with the 270-degree rotating lens.
Capturing Memories in Standard Definition:
- MiniDV recording: Record videos in standard definition quality (480i), suitable for home viewing or transferring to DVDs.
- 1.3MP CCD image sensor: Delivers basic image quality, decent for casual recording but lacking the detail of modern cameras.
- 10x optical zoom lens: Get closer to the action with a decent zoom range for capturing a variety of scenes.
- Photo capture capability: Capture 1.2MP still images alongside your video recordings.
- Image stabilization: Minimize camera shake for smoother videos, especially when recording handheld.
- Easy video editing: Connect the camcorder to your computer for basic editing capabilities.
Here are some additional specifications to consider:
- Video resolution: Standard definition (480i DV)
- Photo resolution: 1.2MP
- Optical zoom: 10x
- Digital zoom: 700x
- Weight: 340g (without battery)
- Dimensions: 80 x 62 x 116 mm
- The Panasonic VDR-M95 is a discontinued model, so finding new units might be challenging. Consider trusted used-electronics retailers.
- MiniDV tapes are becoming increasingly rare and require a separate playback device or conversion process for viewing footage.
- The camcorder's technology and image quality are significantly outdated compared to modern options.
- Despite its limitations, the VDR-M95 can be a fun conversation starter for collectors or those interested in experiencing an early digital camcorder.
If you prioritize cutting-edge technology and high-resolution recordings, modern camcorders offer vastly superior quality. However, if you're looking for a unique, compact, and nostalgic piece of tech history, the Panasonic VDR-M95 might be a quirky addition to your collection.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.