- F Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
- 1:1 Magnification Ratio; Internal Focus
- One ED & Three High-Refractive Elements
- Multi-Layer Low-Reflective Coating
- Manual Focus and Aperture
- Maximum Shift: +/- 6mm (APS-C)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 4.7"
- Front Filter Thread: 77mm
- Near Circular 14-Blade Diaphragm
Venus Optics is offering photographers the first native option to get started in the world of wide-angle macro photography with the Laowa 15mm f/4 Macro Lens, available here for full-frame Nikon F-mount cameras. Before now, wide-angle macro required the use of extension tubes and other workarounds, but now the Laowa 15mm Macro offers true 1:1 magnification without the hassle. The ultra-wide perspective on full-frame cameras allows users to get exceptionally close to their subjects with a minimum focus distance of just 4.7", and have them fill the frame, while still capturing the background for more informative scenes. Internal focusing further assists by not disturbing your subject, even when you reach the 0.2" minimum working distance.
Optically, it is designed to minimize distortion that plagues wide-angle lenses with the use of an advanced 12-element in 9-group construction with one extra-low dispersion and three high-refractive elements. A multi-layer low-reflective coating further improved image quality by reducing the appearance of flare and ghosting. Also, when used on APS-C cameras, or in crop modes, the lens offers +/- 6mm of vertical shift which can help correct for perspective when shooting objects such as buildings.
Full manual operation is required with this lens through the use of a physical aperture ring with a range of f/4 to f/32 and a large focusing ring. A flat front element provides room for a 77mm front filter thread for using a selection of specialized filters to enhance your scene. Additionally, it has a near-circular 14-blade diaphragm for smooth out-of-focus elements and comes with a lens hood.
- Ultra-wide 110° angle of view on full-frame cameras.
- The wide-angle lens offers a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24mm with an 85° angle of view when used on APS-C cameras bodies or in crop modes.
- Wide aperture range of f/4 to f/32.
- Lens construction features 12 elements in 9 groups with 3 high-refractive elements and an extra-low dispersion element.
- The minimum focus distance of 4.7" with a minimum working distance of just 0.2".
- Manual focus and aperture control.
- When used with APS-C cameras, the Laowa 15mm Macro can utilize +/-6 mm of vertical shift to help correct perspective.
- True 1:1 magnification allows photographers to capture life-sized images of their subjects while still providing infinity focus for use as a standard wide-angle lens.
- Near-circular 14-blade aperture diaphragm provides smooth out-of-focus elements.
- Accepts 77mm threaded filters.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.