- Removes unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as glass, water, wood, grass, leaves, snow, etc.
- Increases color saturation and contrast in blue skies and white clouds for incredibly vivid yet natural looking scenic photographs
- Rotating front element allows full creative control over degree of polarization
- Multi-coating reduces light reflection and flare
- Made of highest quality optical glass
Details: Dollar for dollar, there is no other accessory that can make as noticeable an improvement in the way your outdoor photographs look as a Polarizing Filter offers you. Light rays which are reflected by any surface become polarized and Polarizing Filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens rather than allowing all the scattered multi-directional light waves to enter simultaneously which degrades picture quality. Both the older style PL (Linear Polarizing) and the more modern PL-CIR (Circular Polarizing) filters provide the same photgraphic effect, but it is important to use the correct version for your camera. Many of today's cameras use semi-silvered mirrors or prisms to split the light entering the viewfinder in order to calculate exposure and focusing distance. Older style PL (Linear Polarizing) filters can sometimes interact with these items to give unpredictable exposure or focusing. So it is recommended that you choose a PL-CIR (Circular Polarizing) filter which will work on both the most modern digital cameras as well as the older manual focus film cameras. They allow you to remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water, wood, grass, leaves, snow, glass, etc. They also enable colors to become more saturated and appear clearer, with better contrast. This effect is often used to increase the contrast and saturation in blue skies and white clouds for incredibly vivid yet natural looking scenic photographs. In addition, HOYA's Polarizing Filters do not adversely affect the overall color balance of the photograph. Hoya Multi-coated HMC filters are renowned for their ability to minimize reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting to enhance the performance of today's multi-cpated lenses. The result is an average light transmission of over 97%, giving sharp contrast and well balanced color.
Package Dimensions: 3.9 x 3.6 x 0.6 inches
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.