- 24.3MP FX-Format CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 3 Image Processor
- 3.2" 921k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- Multi-CAM 4800 39-Point AF Sensor
- Native ISO 6400, Extended to ISO 25600
- 6 fps Shooting at Full Resolution
- Built-In Flash with Commander Mode
- Supports WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter
The Nikon D610 DSLR Camera features a full-frame, FX-format 24.3 megapixel CMOS sensor and EXPEED 3 image processor to produce high-resolution still imagery and full HD 1080p video with notable image detail and low-light sensitivity to an expandable ISO 25600. The sensor and processor work together to enable high image quality with a wide dynamic range and high signal-to-noise ratio that produces both smooth color and tonal gradations with low noise levels for enhanced overall clarity. These two technologies also combine to provide a wealth of speed throughout the D610, including a continuous shooting rate of 6 fps and a quiet shooting mode that allows the camera to record sequential imagery without the mirror raising or lowering.
A Multi-CAM 4800 AF sensor is integrated into the camera's design and produces fast autofocus speeds using a 39-point array to precisely acquire focus in a wide array of lighting conditions. Seven of the central AF points are compatible with f/8 or faster lenses, which greatly enhances the autofocus performance with longer, telephoto lenses used in combination with teleconverters. When recording movies or working in live view, a contrast-detection focusing method works to continuously deliver accurate focus with subject-tracking and face-detection capabilities using the full-time servo mode.
Full HD 1080p video is supported up to 30 fps in the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 format and manual control over the ISO, shutter speed, and aperture is possible for optimized control over the look and feel of movies. Uncompressed recording is possible with an optional external recorder connected via the HDMI port and, additionally, both headphones and microphone ports are available for refined control over recorded sound.
Extending the D610's connectivity, an accessory terminal is compatible with the optional WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter and GP-1A GPS Unit for wireless image sharing, remote camera control, and geotagging capabilities.
24.3MP FX-Format Sensor and EXPEED 3 Image Processor
Multi-CAM 4800 Autofocus Sensor
When working in live view, for either still or movie shooting, a contrast-based AF system is employed to acquire focus precisely and can function in continuous, full-time servo mode to better suit working with moving subjects. Four distinct AF-area modes are available when using the contrast-detection focusing method: Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, and Subject-tracking AF.
Scene Recognition System and Exposure Metering
Full HD 1080p Movie Recording
For enhancing the sound of recordings, both an external microphone input is available as well as a headphone jack for real-time monitoring of recorded sound. An HDMI output is also incorporated into the design and, besides enabling HD playback of video, also supports the uncompressed recording of HD video by using an optional external recorder. Regardless of the lens in use, multi-area full HD D-Movie enables you to choose between FX or DX recording areas of the sensor to modify the composition and gain additional reach from lenses, as well as expanded control over the depth of field.
Built-In Pop-Up Flash and i-TTL Support
An accessory terminal supports the use of the optional WU-1b Wireless Mobile Adapter for Wi-Fi sharing of images and video as well as remote camera control from a linked iOS or Android device with the Nikon Wireless Mobile Adapter Utility application. The GP-1A GPS Unit is also supported for adding locational data to images' metadata for geotagging applications.
Other Camera Features
- Picture Control modes can be directly accessed via a dedicated button and allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera, and include Landscape, Monochrome, Neutral, Portrait, Standard, Vivid, and user-customizable settings.
- An intelligent noise reduction method analyzes the noise appearing in an image or movie and then automatically determines the proper amount of correction to apply in order to maintain the best balance of noise and image detail.
- Auto ISO sensitivity control allows you to select a minimum shutter speed at which camera shake can be controlled from and then will automatically set the ISO value in order to best render the scene. A maximum sensitivity level can also be set in order to maintain overall noise levels.
- RAW (NEF) files can be recorded as lossless compressed or compressed at either 12 or 14-bit depth.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 3's processing power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Built-in HDR works to extend the tonal and exposure range of a single image by recording two separate exposures and blending them together in order to gain greater highlight and shadow details with an extended range of mid-tones. The smoothness of the edge where the two separate exposures meet can be adjusted for more apparent softness to benefit images with a greater range of exposure values. This mode is best suited for working with stationary subjects.
- Automated time-lapse photography allows you to record images at designated intervals and then have them automatically saved as a video file for fluid playback of a slow-motion activity occurring over time.
- Lateral chromatic aberration reduction, auto distortion control, and vignette correction are all supported when a NIKKOR lens is attached and work to reduce these optical anomalies in-camera for higher quality imagery.
- An in-camera virtual horizon can detect both rolling (horizontal inclination) and pitching (forward or rear inclination) directions and display an electronic level on the LCD when working in live view. The rolling direction of tilt can also be displayed within the viewfinder.
- Top and rear covers are constructed from magnesium alloy for a lightweight, yet rigid and durable body design that maintains dust-prevention and water-resistance performance. The interface covers are also designed in a divided manner to further ensure dust- and weather-protection to these ports.
- The highly precise and durable shutter mechanism has been tested for 150,000 cycles and incorporates a self-diagnostic shutter monitor to maintain precision with minimal shutter speed variance.
- Scene modes: Portrait, Landscape, Child, Sports, Close up, Night portrait, Night landscape, Party/Indoor, Beach/Snow, Sunset, Dust/Dawn, Pet portrait, Candlelight, Blossom, Autumn colors, Food, Silhouette, High key, and Low key
- Language support: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, and Ukrainian.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.