Details: Nikkor 400mm F/2.8D ED IF is a high-performance ultra telephoto prime lens designed for Nikon F mount cameras. The internal focusing lens employs the Silent Wave Motor to drive the focusing mechanism to deliver smooth, silent and semi-instantaneous autofocusing. Featuring lens construction of 11 elements in 9 groups, including 3 Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass elements to reduce chromatic aberrations. Its 9-blade round diaphragm creates a natural blur for out-of-focus background. Offering approximately 12.47 feet close focusing distance during AF operation provides 1:8.3 magnification ratio. In addition, the lens has M/A mode for swift changes between manual and autofocus operation.
Focal Length: 400mm
Aperture Maximum: f/2.8
Aperture Minimum: f/22
Camera Mount Type: Nikon F
Format Compatibility: FX, DX
Angle of view: 6°10 / 4° DX
Minimum Focus Distance: 3.8m
Elements/Groups: 11/9 (3 ED glass elements)
Diaphragm Blades: 9 rounded
Vibration Reduction: No
Tripod Collar: Yes
Filter Thread: 52mm
Dimensions: 159.5 x 351.5mm (360mm max length)
Weight: 4800g (10.58lbs)
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.