- 20.8MP CX-Format BSI CMOS Sensor
- EXPEED 5A Image Processor
- 3.0" 1,037k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- UHD 2160p/15 and Full HD 1080p/60 Video
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Hybrid AF with 105 Phase-Detection Areas
- Up to 60 fps Shooting, 20 fps with AF-C
- ISO 12800 and High ISO Noise Reduction
- Sports Mode and In-Camera Time Lapse
- 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM
The silver Nikon 1 J5 is a sleek mirrorless digital camera designed for the multimedia photographer on-the-go. Featuring a 20.8MP CX-format BSI CMOS sensor and EXPEED 5A image processor, the J5 is capable of recording up to 20 fps with continuous autofocus as well as UHD 2160p/15 or Full HD 1080p/60 video. A top sensitivity of ISO 12800 benefits working in difficult lighting conditions while the BSI design of sensor helps to achieve greater image clarity with reduced noise levels and the omission of an optical low-pass filter further contributes to a high degree of sharpness and resolution. Complementing the imaging assets, the 1 J5 is also characterized by a revamped, retro-inspired body design featuring a 3.0" 1,037k-dot touchscreen LCD that tilts 180° upward for prime selfie compositions. Additionally, snapbridge Wi-Fi connectivity with NFC also allows for instant wireless image sharing and remote camera control from mobile devices.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the 1 J5's speed is further carried over to the hybrid focusing system that utilizes both contrast- and phase-detection methods for greater accuracy and subject tracking performance. A dedicated Sport Mode helps to optimize camera settings for faster, more intuitive handling and, in contrast, in-camera time lapse shooting is also possible.
Included with the camera body is the 1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM lens, which provides a 27-81mm equivalent focal length range. This wide-angle to short-telephoto lens features a Power-Drive zoom mechanism, for quick, smooth control and VR image stabilization to suppress the effects of camera shake.
20.8MP BSI CMOS Sensor and EXPEED 5A Image Processor
The combination of the sensor and processor also affords a wealth of speed throughout the camera system, including the ability to shoot at 20 fps with continuous autofocus or 60 fps with fixed focus, and a unique Sports Mode optimizes camera settings for fast action and quick switching between shooting scenarios.
This speed also carries over to the video recording side, where, in addition to UHD 2160p/15 and Full HD 1080p/60 recording, you can shoot high-speed HD 720p movies at 120 fps or 400 x 144 movies at 1200 fps. Simultaneous still recording for up to 20 frames is possible and in-camera Electronic Vibration Reduction is available when recording at 30p or 60p. A built-in interval timer permits making time lapse movies, as well.
While compact in size, the CX format of the 1 J5 also affords compatibility with a wide range of lenses. Besides native 1-series lenses, the camera can also be paired with the optional FT1 mount adapter for working with any F mount lens with maintained VR and autofocus.
snapbridge Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
- Standards: IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Operating frequency: 2412-2462 MHz (channels 1-11)
- Range (line of site): Approximately 32.8' / 10m (with no interference)
- Data rate: 54 Mbps (maximum logical rate according to IEEE standard)
- Security: Authentication - Open system, WPA2-PSK
- Access protocol: Infrastructure and ad-hoc
1 NIKKOR VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD-ZOOM Lens
Other Camera Features
- Picture Control modes allow you to set predefined looks to imagery in-camera and include Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, and Landscape. Selected Picture Control modes can also be refined for an even more personalized look.
- Active D-Lighting helps to preserve both highlight and shadow details when working in contrast-rich scenarios, such as backlit lighting. Utilizing the EXPEED 5A's processing power, a more controlled image will be produced with brightness values closer to how they are naturally seen. This mode is suitable for working with moving subjects.
- Creative Modes offer an in-camera solution for adjusting the look of your stills or video: Pop, Retro, High-contrast monochrome, Nostalgic Sepia, HDR, Soft, Easy panorama, Miniature effect, Selective color, Cross process, Toy camera effect, Cross screen, Fisheye, Skin softening, Night landscape, Night portrait, Landscape, Close-up, and Portrait.
- Glamour Retouch modes allow you to adjust and enhance the look of subjects' faces: Skin Softening, Small Face, Big Eyes, Brighten Faces, Hide Eye Bags, Whiten Eyes, Whiten Teeth, and Redden Cheeks.
- Language support: Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (European and Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.