- 27.2-112mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Two FLD Elements, One SLD Element
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic Motor AF System
- OS Image Stabilization
- 1:2.8 Magnification, 8.7" Minimum Focus
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
The Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM is a Contemporary-series lens, also characterized by its compact, lightweight profile. The bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range pairs with the wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom range to create an ideal travel and everyday lens. The optical design uses a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements to control color fringing and distortion in order to realize high clarity and sharpness. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied to suppress flare and surface reflections for improved contrast in bright conditions. Also, this zoom sports a high 1:2.8 maximum magnification and 8.7" minimum focusing distance to suit working with close-up subjects.
In terms of handling, a Hyper Sonic Motor is incorporated in the design to provide fast, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An Optical Stabilizer also minimizes the appearance of a camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, the 17-70mm f/2.8-4 features a rounded seven-blade diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and it is compatible with the optional USB Dock for fine-tuning focusing characteristics and updating its firmware.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- Wide-angle to short-telephoto zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-mount cameras and provides a 27.2-112mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8-4 maximum aperture range is suitable for working in available light conditions and also benefits depth of field control for isolating subject matter.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) and two F Low Dispersion (FLD) elements are featured in the optical design and help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements are used to help limit distortion and spherical aberrations and also contribute to greater overall sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Ideal for close-up shooting, this lens offers a 1:2.8 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 8.7" to suit working with nearby subjects.
- Integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor), along with a rear focus system, realizes quick and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- The optical Stabilizer system minimizes the appearance of camera shake to benefit from making sharper imagery when shooting handheld.
- The rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. Additionally, a brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
- This lens is compatible with the optional Sigma USB Dock for fine-tuning different lens characteristics and updating its firmware.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.