- F-Mount Lens/FX Format
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/45
- Three Low Dispersion Elements
- eBAND and Fluorine Coatings
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive Autofocus Motor
- VC Image Stabilization
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with TAP-in Console
The Nikon F-mount 100-400mm f/4.5-6.3 Di VC USD from Tamron spans a useful focal length range along with a lightweight design for even greater versatility. The lens's optical design incorporates three low-dispersion elements to suppress color fringing and chromatic aberrations, while an eBAND coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and clarity. Complementing the optical design is a high-speed Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus system, which is benefitted by a dual MPU for quick and responsive performance. Vibration Compensation is also featured to minimize the appearance of camera shakes for sharper handheld shooting. Suiting this 100-400's use outdoors, its magnesium alloy construction is also weather-sealed for working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Spanning a versatile range of long focal lengths, this telephoto zoom is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 150-600mm equivalent focal length range.
- Three LD (low dispersion) elements are used in the optical design to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy throughout the zoom range.
- An eBAND coating has been applied to suppress ghosting and lens flare for improved contrast when working in backlit conditions.
- VC image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shakes for more effective handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions.
- An Ultrasonic Silent Drive (USD) autofocus motor delivers quick and precise focusing performance to suit working with moving subjects. This motor also affords full-time manual focus control, and it is possible to focus on subjects as close as 4.9' away.
- The Dual Micro-Processing Unit control system contributes to quick and responsive performance for both the autofocus and Vibration Compensation systems.
- A sealed, dust- and moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- Through the use of magnesium alloy components, the lens's physical design is both lightweight and durable.
- An optional removable rotating tripod collar is available, which features an Arca-type compatible foot and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Supports working with the optional Teleconverter 1.4x to further extend the effective focal length range to 140-560mm.
- Compatible with optional TAP-in Console for fine-tuning select focusing adjustments and for updating lens firmware.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.