- EF-S-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 38.4mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- STM Stepping AF Motor
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
The EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM from Canon is a 38.4mm-equivalent prime designed for APS-C-format DSLRs. Its optical design features one aspherical element, which helps to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations for high sharpness and clarity. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied, which helps to minimize lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity in bright lighting conditions. Additionally, benefitting both photo and video applications, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick, accurate, and near-silent autofocus performance.
- Short normal-length prime is designed for use with APS-C-format Canon EF-S-mount DSLRs and provides a 38.4mm equivalent focal length.
- A modestly bright f/2.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light, affords control over depth of field, and helps to keep the overall physical design compact and lightweight.
- Pancake form factor measures less than 1"-thick for an ultra-portable, versatile design.
- One aspherical element limits distortion and spherical aberration in order to realize greater sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by a rear focus system, advanced AF algorithms, and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.