- 47.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Maestro II Image Processor
- Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens
- 3.68MP OLED Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Touchscreen LCD
- DCI 4K24p, UHD 4K30p, Full HD 120p Video
- ISO 50-50000, up to 10-fps Shooting
- 35mm, 50mm, and 75mm Crop Modes
- Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi
- Weather-Sealed Construction
The Leica Q2 is an advanced compact camera characterized by its updated sensor design and intuitive operation. Revolving around a revised full-frame 47.3MP CMOS sensor and Maestro II image processor, high-resolution stills shooting is possible along with both DCI and UHD 4K video recording. The image processor also contributes to a broad ISO 50-50000 sensitivity range along with quick 10-fps full-resolution continuous shooting. The added resolution also affords a series of unique Crop Modes, which simulate working with longer focal length lenses, including 35mm, 50mm, and 75mm fields of view.
Speaking of the lens, the Q2 features the same impressive wide-angle prime Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. fixed lens, which has been matched to the sensor design for exceptional resolution and clarity. The lens's design incorporates three aspherical elements and its bright f/1.7 maximum aperture suits working in low-light conditions. Additionally, a macro setting permits working with subjects as close as 6.7" away.
Complementing the imaging and optical assets, the Q2 remains an especially compact and intuitive camera, well-suited for street and travel photography. Its sleek magnesium alloy body is weather-sealed for working in trying environments and it has adopted the same battery featured in the flagship SL mirrorless camera for longer battery life. A high-resolution 3.68MP OLED electronic viewfinder is featured for fluid and clear eye-level monitoring and a rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD also affords straightforward playback and settings control. Built-in Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi permit wireless sharing and remote camera control from a linked mobile device via the Leica FOTOS app.
47.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Maestro II Processor
Featuring a redeveloped imaging system, the Q2 incorporates a high-resolution 47.3MP full-frame CMOS sensor as well as an updated Maestro II image processor, which lends more flexible image creation, offers smooth color and tonal rendering, a broad 13-stop dynamic range, low noise, and a wide sensitivity range from ISO 50-50000. Processing capabilities also afford fast shooting performance, up to 10 fps at full resolution with a mechanical shutter, plus an especially quick 49-area autofocus system. Stills can be recorded as 14-bit DNG files and JPEGs. The added resolution also enables unique digital zoom capabilities to simulate working with different focal length lenses: 30MP images can be created using a 35mm field of view, 15MP images with a 50mm field of view, and 7MP with a 75mm field of view.
In addition to stills, the Q2 features improved video recording with the ability to shoot both DCI 4K24p and UHD 4K30p video, with high-speed Full HD recording at up to 120p.
Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. Lens
- The high-resolution 3.68MP (1280 x 960) OLED electronic viewfinder provides a clear and realistic means for eye-level viewing. Its high refresh rate virtually eliminates lag, and an updated eye sensor provides faster automatic switching between the EVF and the rear LCD.
- The rear 3.0" 1.04m-dot LCD features a touchscreen design for intuitive navigation and playback, as well as the ability to touch to focus.
- The lightweight magnesium alloy body is sealed to protect against dust and moisture (IP52-rated) for use in harsh environmental conditions.
- Adoption of the BP-SCL4 battery, as used with the SL (Typ 601) mirrorless camera, affords an improved 370 shots per charge and the battery's physical design incorporates a rubber gasket to further reinforce the overall weather sealing.
- Enhanced haptics, following suit of the M10 and CL-series cameras, emphasize a simpler interface, including a single-stage On/Off button, a three-button rear control set, a programmable button within the thumb-wheel dial, a push-button diopter adjustment, and a distinctive thumb grip.
- The mechanical shutter affords flash sync speeds up to 1/500 sec.
- The lens features a 49mm filter thread diameter for attaching optional filters.
- Accepts one SD-type memory card and supports the UHS-II protocol.
- Built-in Wi-Fi, when used in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android, permits sharing imagery directly to a linked mobile device and also enables remote control over the Q2 and remote shooting via a live view image. Additionally, Bluetooth LE helps to maintain a permanent connection between the mobile device and the camera, enabling remote waking of the camera and automatic connection anytime within range.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Or Canon https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/groups/gray-market
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.