- Special edition of the Leica Q "Khaki"
- limited to 495 units worldwide.
- 24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Leica Maestro II Image Processor
- Leica Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH Lens
- 3.68MP LCOS Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Touchscreen LCD Monitor
- Contrast-Detect AF System
- Full HD 1080p Video at up to 60 fps
- ISO 50000 & 10-fps Continuous Shooting
- Aluminum & Magnesium Alloy Body Design
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity with NFC
Leica Camera is pleased to announce a special edition of its full-frame mirrorless Leica Q camera, the Leica Q "Khaki." Featuring a silver-anodized body wrapped in a premium khaki-colored leather trim, the Leica Q "Khaki" is reminiscent of the classic Leica M 'Safari' models with its khaki-colored silk screen lettering of the classic Leica script on the top plate and color-matched carrying strap.
The Leica Q (Typ 116) Digital Camera (Khaki) is a full-frame digital camera with a 24.2-megapixel CMOS sensor. Leveraging the power of the Leica Maestro II series image processor, high-resolution, low-noise imaging is possible at sensitivities up to ISO 50,000 and at a continuous rate of 10 fps. Equipped with a fixed 28mm F/1.7 ASPH Summilux prime lens, users can work easily in difficult lighting conditions with stunning results.
Leica's classic, aesthetically simple design is constructed with a solid machined aluminum top plate and a lightweight magnesium alloy body. The Leica Q has easily read laser engraved lettering, numbers, and dials as well as a large thumb rest and a diamond pattern to ensure a firm, comfortable grip over the camera. The built-in 3.68-megapixel LCOS electronic viewfinder provides a real time, through-the-lens image.
In addition to fully manual control using aperture and focus rings on the lens, auto focus is possible using a contrast-based system enables fast, sharp imaging.
Another benefit of the updated Maestro II processor is full HD 1080p video capture at 60 or 30 fps. A built-in stereo microphone enables high-quality sound recording and an integrated wind filter limits extraneous noise. Full manual control will then allow users to dial in the exact look they want or need for their shot.
Share your photos and videos instantly thanks to an integrated Wi-Fi module which allows you to link the camera to a smartphone, tablet, or computer. The Q also has an NFC chip for tap-to-connect functionality with certain devices and the free Leica Q app lets you take remote control of your camera for adjusting exposure while you shoot from odd angles and positions. Additionally, a copy of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom is included for professional-level management, editing, and export of your stills and video.
Combine what is technically possible with what makes sense photographically. A concept that has been epitomised by Leica since Oskar Barnack laid the foundations for 35 mm photography more than a hundred years ago, with the original Leica. This concept has been central to our company's philosophy - based on the art of engineering on one hand, and on visionary risk-taking on the other. A philosophy that leads to innovation, rewriting photographic history again and again. As it has with the new Leica Q, a camera which continues this groundbreaking Leica tradition with a full-frame sensor and a fixed-focus lens.
Whether your subject involves depth of field, an available-light situation or a macro photography shot, the Summilux 28mm f/1.7 ASPH. provides everything you need to express yourself photographically. Its classic 28mm focal length is perfect for street, architectural and landscape photography. Its lens, the fastest in its class, combined with a specially designed 24 MP CMOS full-frame sensor, provides detailed images of unsurpassed quality: up to ISO 50,000.
The integrated viewfinder of the Leica Q is activated as soon as the camera is brought up to the eye. It faithfully displays the camera's image at any time, right down to the smallest detail and without any perceptible delay. With its resolution of 3.68 MP, it surpasses all other electronic viewfinders. The autofocus is also outstanding, capturing with ultimate sharpness at maximum speed. The new Maestro II series processor works extremely rapidly and allows a serial image speed of up to 10 frames per second at full resolution. And of course, the images are instantly available as a JPEG in playback mode.
Intuitive, ergonomic, pragmatic. The controls of the Leica Q provide quick access to all relevant options and opportunities. For example, auto-focus can be set either using buttons or via the touch screen. Prefer to focus manually? Then let the innovative Live View aids "Focus-Peaking" and "Live View Zoom" assist you. Easy to use, the Leica Q helps you implement your ideas perfectly - at the press of a button.
The built-in Wi-Fi module on the Leica Q makes it easy to share your pictures and videos on social networks. Images can be downloaded to your smartphone, tablet or computer via WLAN and the complimentary Leica Q app. The app also allows the Leica Q to be operated remotely. For example, set the time and aperture on your device and use it as a remote-control release. In this way, blur-free long exposures and recordings are possible from unusual angles - and also as moving images. What's more, you can record video in Full-HD and web-friendly MP4.
The Leica maxim 'focusing on the essentials' also applies to the Leica Q's exterior design. Made in Germany, the high quality materials and outstanding craftmanship guarantee maximum durability. The top cover is milled from a solid aluminium block, while the housing is finished in magnesium and all labels and markings on the adjustment wheels are laser engraved. The thumb rest on the back of the camera and the diamond pattern of the exterior finish make the Leica Q beautifully easy to grip.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.