- 37.5MP 30 x 45mm CMOS Sensor
- Maestro II Image Processor
- No Optical Low-Pass Filter
- 3.0" 921.6k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Pentaprism 0.87x-Mag. Optical Viewfinder
- 4K Video at 24 fps, 4:2:2 Color
- Up to 3.5 fps Shooting, ISO 12500
- DNG File Format, 16-Bit Color Depth
- Built-In Wi-Fi and GPS Connectivity
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
The Leica S (Typ 007) is a medium format DSLR offering high-resolution still and video recording capabilities. Revolving around a 37.5MP 30 x 45mm CMOS sensor and Maestro II image processor, this camera is notable in its ability to produce image quality with remarkable sharpness, clarity, and dynamic range. The omission of an optical low-pass filter from the sensor's design further enables enhanced detail and resolution, that pairs well with the optimized Leica S lenses. Furthermore, on-sensor microlenses work to produce consistent and even light distribution to ensure edge-to-edge sharpness and illumination for a high degree of overall clarity. Beyond advanced still image recording, the S is also capable of producing 4K video files, as well as full HD, with a variety of options for audio and video recording. Utilizing the large sensor to the fullest extent, the S (Typ 007) is a versatile imaging device designed to deliver the utmost quality to both photographers and videographers.
Combining the sensor and processing prowess of the camera, a top sensitivity of ISO 12500 is afforded as well as the ability to record up to 32 consecutive DNG files at a rate of 3.5 fps. A predictive autofocus system, using a central cross-type phase-detection point, helps to maintain critical focus in a variety of lighting conditions. Additionally, if working in a live view, focus peaking serves as a useful alternative for ensuring image sharpness with manual focus techniques.
Complementing the advanced imaging capabilities of the Leica S is an equally refined body design, which takes on a minimalist structure with a focus on the most essential shooting controls. A large, 3.0", 921.6k-dot, LCD monitor serves as a clear means for image review and menu navigation while the large 0.87x-magnification, pentaprism viewfinder acts as a bright tool for image composition. A weather-sealed, magnesium alloy, body construction protects the system from dust and moisture, including the series of interface ports and lens mount. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi connectivity enables remote camera control and wireless transferring of files to mobile devices, and a GPS module enables the recording of location information to the EXIF data of image files.
Leica Pro Format CMOS Sensor
Fast and Efficient Performance
4K and Full High Def Movie Recording
Using the HDMI Type C interface, uncompressed video can also be recorded to an optional external recorder with 4:2:2 color sampling.
Benefitting the recording capabilities, a 3.5mm audio jack is incorporated into the camera's design and can be used in combination with the optional Audio-Adapter S.
The rear of the camera is also laid out in an intuitive manner for expedited settings control using a joystick-based control method. Both a flash sync port and hot shoe are available for external flash support and a contact bar at the base of the camera is designed to accept an optional Multifunctional Hand Grip S for enhanced handling in the vertical shooting orientation.
Connectivity and Interface Design
Benefitting in-camera recording of imagery, dual memory card slots accept one SD-type memory card and one CompactFlash-type memory card to permit overflow recording or in-camera partitioning of file types. Beyond the HDMI Type C port for recording to external recorders, a USB 3.0 terminal is also available to permit fast image transferring to a computer or for tethered shooting applications.
MPN: 10804 _ 799429108045 _
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.