- Capture Full HD 1920 x 1080p Video
- Canon 3.28 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Sensor
- 8GB Memory & SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Slot
- Record in AVCHD or MP4 Formats
The Canon VIXIA HF R40 Full HD Camcorder records Full HD 1920 x 1080p video to an internal 8GB flash drive or to an SD/SDHC/SDXC memory card. It also supports Full HD still image capture and the camera is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi for remote operation and live streaming. The HF R40 features a 3.28 megapixel Full HD CMOS image sensor and a DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor. It also employs a genuine Canon HD video lens with 53x Advanced Zoom and SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization with improved Dynamic Image Stabilization. For easy recording and instant playback, there's a 3" touch panel LCD as well.
Designed with all levels of users in mind, the HF R40 has a laundry list of features including MP4 and AVCHD independent or dual simultaneous recording, an innovative Baby Mode, Intelligent IS, Smart AUTO, a higher capacity battery for longer shooting sessions, and more. For connectivity to your HDTV, the camcorder is equipped with a mini-HDMI output. Plus, for improved audio recording, the HF R40 has both a headphone and a microphone jack. You can also achieve a variety of cinematic effects using the integrated Cinema-Look Filters.
Genuine Canon HD Video Lens with 53x Advanced Zoom
SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization with Improved Dynamic Image Stabilization
3.28 Megapixel Full HD CMOS Image Sensor
DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor
Record to Internal Flash Drive or SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Card
MP4 (35Mbps) or AVCHD Progressive (28Mbps) Recording
Note: Devices supported for Canon Movie Uploader app include iPhone 4S/5, iPad 2/iPad 3rd gen, iPod touch 4th/5th
Note: Devices supported for Remote Browsing include iPhone 4S/5, iPad 2/iPad 3rd gen, iPod touch 4th/5th, most Android 4.0 devices
The Right Format for Any Use
Note: Devices supported include iPhone 4/4S/5, iPad/iPad 2/iPad 3rd gen, iPod touch 4th/5th, most Android devices 2.3 - 4.0
3" Capacitive Touch Panel LCD
When shooting in Baby Mode, the camcorder's Pre-Record (Pre REC) function is always on. This places the camcorder in a stand-by "pre-roll" mode, where it continuously records three seconds of video to memory before you even press the record button. When you start recording, the additional video is recorded too, so you won't miss your baby's "first" moments.
Touch Decoration in Baby Mode includes stamps to mark each video with your baby's current height and weight. And with a single registration of the baby's birth date, the camcorder will automatically calculate the number of days old and stamp videos accordingly, creating an exact diary of developmental milestones for years to come. The camcorder's other Baby Mode Touch Decoration options allow you to add your own drawings, captions, animations, and more. All options can be appended to previously shot video as well.
Higher Capacity Battery
Audio Scene Select
Connect Directly to External Drives
Smart AUTO & Auto Tele Macro
Open & Shoot
Genuine Canon Face Detection
The system will even recognize faces turned downwards or sideways. In addition, a specific face may be selected as the main subject for continuous tracking. This feature is also convenient in searching for clips that feature the specific subject's face. In search and playback, the use of the Face Index will display those frames with the chosen face as a thumbnail in each shot in which it appears. Your selected face can also be linked as a timeline to further identify footage containing your subject.
Ultra Clear Viewing
24p Cinema & 30p Progressive Shooting Modes
Accessories Get the Most from Your Camcorder
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.