- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One SLD Element
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- 1:1 Magnification, 11.6" Min. Focus
- Hyper-Sonic Motor AF System
- Custom AFL Button, Focus Limiter Switch
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Weather-Sealed Design
The Sony E-mount 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens, from Sigma, is a short-telephoto prime optimized for macro use. With a minimum focusing distance of 11.6", and a 5.5" working distance, this lens offers a life-size, 1:1 reproduction ratio for accurate rendering of close-up subjects. Its optical design incorporates one SLD element, which also helps to realize high clarity and color accuracy by suppressing various aberrations and color fringing. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied, which controls flare and ghosting for greater contrast.
Benefitting handling, this lens sports a Hyper-Sonic Motor for quick and quiet AF performance and intuitive full-time manual focus control. A focus limiter switch also helps to boost focusing speed and precision, and there is also a customizable AFL button and dedicated focus mode switch. Additionally, the lens features a nine-blade rounded diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 157.5mm equivalent focal length.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element markedly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- The true macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with an 11.6" minimum focusing distance, and a 5.5" minimum working distance, to suit working with close-up subjects.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocus performance, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- A focus limiter switch can be used to constrain the focusing range within three zones for faster, more responsive performance: 11.6" to 1.6', 1.6' to infinity, and 11.6" to infinity.
- The manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.