- X-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 85mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/1.2 to f/16
- Two Aspherical Elements
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Fluorite-Coated Front Element
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Weather Sealed Construction
- FUJINON Cinema Technology
The FUJIFILM XF 56mm f/1.2 R WR is a weather-sealed iteration of their lauded 85mm equivalent lens. Famously distinguished by its exceedingly fast f/1.2 maximum aperture, great subject isolation, and pleasant color rendering, this revision also updates the optical formula by adding aspherical elements to the focusing group, a greatly improved focusing distance of 1.6', and an 11-blade rounded aperture diaphragm for improved bokeh.
The optical design employs both aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements, which help to reduce a variety of aberrations, color fringing, and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness and clarity. A Super EBC coating is used, too, to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy in bright and backlit conditions. A rounded eleven-blade diaphragm delivers smooth and pleasant out of focus highlights. This all-metal lens uses nine rubber seals to keep it protected from dust and moisture, while also maintaining full functionality in temperatures as low as 14°F. The fluorine-coated front element, meanwhile, is designed to repel water, fingerprints, and other marks to help keep image quality high when the weather turns against you.
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for APS-C-format Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides an 85mm equivalent focal length.
- Produces high resolution, aberration-free results packed with detail and color. Ideal for portraits, weddings, and any other creative applications demanding precise control over depth-of-field, the XF 56mm f/1.2 R WR delivers incredible image-resolving performance down to its minimum focusing distance of 1.6', making it an ideal portrait lens, but also suitable for other applications within table-top, product, and commercial photography.
- Its optical construction comprises 13 elements in eight groups, including one ED and two aspherical elements. The eight elements used in the focusing group take high-refractive technology from FUJINON Cinema Lenses to minimize chromatic, spherical, and comatic aberrations. This helps minimize light bleed within highlights, boosting image quality and subject detail in the process.
- Especially bright f/1.2 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and offers notable control over depth of field for using selective focus techniques.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.