- 24.24MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- PRIME MII Image Processor
- Anti-Aliasing Filter Simulator
- 3.0" 921k-Dot Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080i Video at 60 fps
- SAFOX X 11-Point AF with 9 Cross Sensors
- ISO 100-204800, Up to 6 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi, Compatible with O-GPS1
- Shake Reduction & Pixel Shift Resolution
- Weather-Resistant Construction
The silver Pentax K-70 is a sleek DSLR characterized by its multimedia capabilities, penchant for low-light shooting, and durable construction. Revolving around a 24.24MP APS-C CMOS sensor and PRIME MII image processor, this camera is capable of continuous stills shooting up to 6 fps and Full HD 1080p video recording, and has a broad sensitivity range up to ISO 204800. The sensor's design also omits an anti-aliasing filter, in order to gain greater sharpness and resolution, but benefits from a unique Selectable Anti-Aliasing Filter function that vibrates the sensor itself in order to mimic the moiré-reducing effects of a filter. The sensor-shift mechanism also enables Shake Reduction image stabilization, to minimize the appearance of camera shake, and Pixel Shift Resolution, to composite sequential exposures in order to gain increased detail and resolution.
Complementing the imaging capabilities, the K-70 is equally refined in regard to handling and design, and features a dust-, freeze-, and weather-resistant construction for working in trying conditions. A large 3.0" 921k-dot LCD is available, and features a vari-angle design to permit working from high and low angles, and a unique Night Vision setting can be used to produce a red-colored display in order to maintain night-adjusted vision when working in dark settings. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi permits wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a mobile device, and the K-70 is also compatible with the optional O-GPS1 GPS Module for geotagging and AstroTracer functions.
24.24MP APS-C CMOS Sensor and PRIME MII Image Processor
Sensor-Shift Type Shake Reduction and Pixel Shift Resolution
The sensor-shift image stabilization goes on to benefit other camera functions, including the AA Filter Simulator function as well as Pixel Shift Resolution and Diffraction Correction. Pixel Shift Resolution technology composites sequentially recorded stills while shifting the image sensor in one pixel increments in each direction after each exposure in order to increase the effective resolving power, reduce noise, and achieve a more refined color palette. This mode is further enhanced with Motion Correction, which makes it possible to photograph moving subjects without artifacting or ghosting while still reaping the high-resolution benefits of Pixel Shift Resolution. Similarly, a Diffraction Correction function minimizes the effects of diffraction and other aberrations common to working with smaller aperture sizes. This technology is possible due to the heightened processing capabilities of the PRIME MII engine, and can also be applied to imagery during in-camera raw file development.
SAFOX X Autofocus System
When shooting video or working in live view, a Hybrid AF system is employed that blends both on-sensor phase-detection and contrast-detection focusing methods for quick and accurate results. Face Detection, Tracking, and selectable AF points are also available for refined control, along with focus peaking to benefit manual focus operation.
Full HD 1080p Video and 4K Interval Recording
Beyond standard movie recording, an interval timer can also be used for making time-lapse sequences, which can be saved simply as stills or files can be recorded at 4K resolution (3840 x 2160) and compiled into a Motion JPEG file for seamless playback. The interval timer allows you to record up to 2,000 consecutive frames with an interval of 2 seconds to 24 hours between each frame, and a 2 second to 24 hour time delay available.
Body Design and Wi-Fi
- The 3.0" 921k-dot LCD monitor features a vari-angle design to better facilitate working from high and low angles, and also can be closed with the screen facing inward for increased protection.
- A unique Night Vision setting can be used to produce a red overlay on the LCD in order to maintain your night-adjusted vision when working in low-light conditions. Alternatively, an Outdoor View setting is also available to increase the brightness of the screen for greater visibility in sunlit conditions.
- Aside from the LCD, a 0.95x pentaprism optical viewfinder is also available, and affords 100% frame coverage for accurate composing.
- Durable body construction is both dust- and weather-resistant for use in trying conditions, as well as cold temperatures down to 14°F.
- The focal plane shutter can achieve shutter speeds up to 1/6000 sec. and also supports making bulb exposures ranging from 10 sec. to 20 min.
- A customizable control panel along with configurable function buttons, user modes, and presets allows you to setup the camera according to your specific shooting needs.
- The included D-LI109 lithium-ion battery provides approximately 480 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi works in conjunction with the Image Sync app for wirelessly sharing imagery to a mobile device, as well as permitting remote camera control and live view capabilities from the smartphone or tablet.
- The K-70 is compatible with the optional O-GPS1 GPS Module to permit geotagging image files as well as use of the AstroTracer function to benefit taking photographs of the nighttime sky.
Other Camera Features
- Multiple exposure shooting is possible in composite mode with additive, average, and bright settings for 2 to 2000 individual exposures.
- Native support is offered for both Pentax PEF and Adobe DNG 14-bit RAW file types. It is also possible to retrieve RAW data from JPEG files if still present in the camera's buffer memory.
- Scene modes: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Moving Object, Night Scene Portrait, Sunset, Blue Sky, Forest, Night Scene, Night Scene HDR, Night Snap, Food, Pet, Kids, Surf & Snow, Backlight Silhouette, Candlelight, Stage Lighting, and Museum.
- Custom Image modes: Auto Select, Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Radiant, Muted, Flat, Bleach Bypass, Reversal Film, Monochrome, and Cross Processing.
- Digital Filters available during capture: Extract Color, Replace Color, Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Shading, Invert Color, Unicolor Bold, and Bold Monochrome.
- Digital Filters available during playback: Base Parameter Adj, Extract Color, Replace Color, Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Shading, Invert Color, Unicolor Bold, Bold Monochrome, Tone Expansion, Sketch, Water Color, Pastel, Posterization, Miniature, Soft, Starburst, Fish-eye, Slim, and Monochrome.
- Language support: English, French, Germany, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Japanese.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Or Canon https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/groups/gray-market
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.