- Shows some signs of use; may exhibit minor scuffs or surface marks but overall looks very clean
- Including Cap, Strap, Hoya UV Filter
- Stock # 189211 11
- Classic Nikon 35mm film camera
- Compact well made metal body
- Nikon F-mount
- ISO 12-3200
- Electronically timed shutter
- Shutter speeds of 8 seconds to 1/1,000, bulb, M90
- Two mechanical shutter speeds of bulb and M90
- 1/125s Flash sync
- Hot shoe and PC flash sync terminals
- 93% finder coverage
- 0.86x finder magnification
- Center-weighted TTL meter
- Depth of field preview
- Self Timer
- Uses two 1.5V LR44, PX76, or MS76 style batteries
- Built-in battery check
The Nikon FE is a mid-range 35mm film SLR camera developed in the late 1970's to replace the Nikon EL-W and EL2 bodies. The body comes in both chrome and black.
The Nikon FE ia a robust camera built with amateurs and enthusiasts in mind. It notably features the addition of an aperture-priority (AP) mode. The FE has a stainless steel Nikon F-mount that accepts just about every lens ever created by Nikon. Unlike most Nikon bodies made later on, the FE's metering aperture follow tab can be flipped back out of the way so non-AI F-mount lenses can be mounted without causing damage.
The electronically timed focal plane shutter can fire from 8 to 1/1000 second and has two backup speeds of bulb and 1/90s (M90 on the dial) speeds. The flash is synced at 1/125s and the body has a hot shoe and PC Sync terminals. Fully mechanical wheels and levers allow total control of the body. Exposure comp of +/- 2 stops is set with a top-mounted wheel on the left side of the body and a small lever can be triggered for multi-exposures. AE lock is engaged with a well-placed button. ISO is selectable on the Nikon FE from 12 - 3200. Film advance and rewind are also fully mechanical, though Nikon's motor drives can be used with this body. The metering is center-weighted TTL. A great feature is the use of a highly responsive analog needle for metering (up to a tenth of a stop accuracy).
Due to the level of quality construction and compact design the FE is still much coveted to this day.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.