- RF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/8 to f/64
- Fluorite, Super UD, and UD Elements
- Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings
- Ring-Type USM AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Focus Range Limiter, Two Focus Presets
- Customizable Electronic Focus Ring
- Weather-Sealed Design, Fluorine Coating
- Rotating Tripod Collar
- Part #5056C002
The Canon RF 1200mm f/8 L IS USM is a super-telephoto prime offering a premium mixture of optics quality, intuitive handling, and a professional-grade durability. As one of the longest focal lengths available, this lens excels in wildlife and sports applications, offering uniquely close-up views of distant subjects. Combined with responsive AF, apt image stabilization, and a surprisingly lightweight design, the 1200mm f/8 is a specialized lens with a versatile feature-set.
L Series Optics
- Featuring an optical design based on past EF and RF super-telephoto lenses, this lens features top-range optics designed for the most demanding shooting applications.
- Two fluorites, one Super Ultra Low-Dispersion (UD), and one UD element virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations for outstanding clarity and color accuracy, void of chromatic aberrations or fringing.
- The advanced optical design also contributes to the sleeker, more portable form factor of this RF-mount, mirrorless lens.
- Both Air Sphere and Super Spectra Coatings improve image quality by maintaining high contrast and color accuracy while reducing lens flare and ghosting when working in strong lighting conditions.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth bokeh quality.
USM Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- Ultrasonic Motor delivers fast, accurate, and near-silent autofocus performance to benefit both photo and video applications.
- Impressively close 14.1' minimum focusing distance, and a maximum magnification of 0.29x, suit working with nearby subjects, such as close-range wildlife, birds, and athletes.
- Variable speed manual focusing offers three options for greater focusing control and full-time manual focus support permits making focus adjustments without switching modes.
- Two focus presets can be stored for immediate recall to a specified focus distance.
- The focus range limiter improves responsiveness by constraining the usable focusing range.
- Benefitting from handheld and monopod-based shooting, Optical Image Stabilization compensates for 4 stops of camera shake for sharper imagery. Due to the long focal length, in-body image stabilization, or Coordinated IS, from EOS R-series bodies is not supported with this lens.
Intuitive Handling and Professional Reliability
- Relatively lightweight and compact, this 1200mm f/8 lens weighs 7.4 lb and measures 21.1"-long, making it realistic to use atop a monopod or even handheld for short periods of time.
- Built-in rotating tripod mount suits working with the lens atop a monopod or tripod and enables quick switching between vertical and horizontal shooting orientations.
- Weather-sealed design for reliable use in inclement conditions.
- Fluorine coating on the front element helps repel moisture, dust, and fingerprints and is also easier to clean.
- Distinctive heat-resistant white paint finish.
- Accepts drop-in style 52mm filters toward the rear of the lens.
- Compatible with optional Extender RF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters for further extending the effective reach of this lens.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.