- Extra-Low Dispersion SCHOTT HT Glass
- Phase-Corrected Roof Prisms
- HDC and AquaDura Lens Coatings
- Wide 68° Apparent Angle of View
- Nitrogen Filled, Water and Fogproof
- Closed-Bridge Configuration
- Magnesium-Alloy Chassis
- Large Center Focusing Knob
- Tripod Mountable with Optional Adapter
- Twist-Up Click-Stop Eyecup
The Leica's 12x50 Ultravid HD-Plus Binoculars add improved technologies and materials to create an optic with bright and clear images across the entire field of view. The full-size HD-Plus binoculars deliver enhanced contrast and true color fidelity, with virtually zero distortion, even in low-light conditions. Helping to compensate for the visually distracting handshake common with using 10x and greater optics, is a wide 68° apparent viewing angle. This allows the use of high-magnification binoculars without the need for stabilization equipment like harnesses or tripods, although high-powered binoculars could always benefit from these devices.
Leica uses specially formulated SCHOTT HT extra-low dispersion (ED) glass, which increases light transmission, especially in the blue-violet light band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance. Scratch- and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC) and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on the outer lenses protect surfaces and cause water and oil to bead off for easier cleaning and clearer vision. The roof prisms feature P40 phase correction and proprietary High Lux System (HLS) coatings. These coatings virtually eliminate chromatic aberration for enhanced color rendition and increased contrast and overall image sharpness.
Complementing the optical performance are uncompromising construction details. To reduce user fatigue during long glassing sessions, the chassis is made of a lightweight yet durable magnesium alloy, with a wear-resistant titanium center hinge axle. The optical tubes are nitrogen filled for fog proof performance and sealed to make the binoculars submersible to 16.4' or 0.5 bar of pressure. Ergonomic thumb indents on the bottom of the binoculars coupled with protective rubber armoring provide a comfortable slip-resistant grip. A lubrication-free focus system provides fast and precise focusing, with PETP-Discs providing smooth movement throughout the broad operating temperature range.
- 12x magnification
- 50mm objective lenses
- Roof prism optical path
- SCHOTT HT extra-low dispersion glass increases light transmission, especially in the blue-violet band, improves color fidelity, and enhances low-light performance
- P40 phase-correcting and proprietary High Lux System (HLS) prism coatings reduce internal light scatter for sharper images with improved contrast
- High-temperature plasma lens coating depositing system for precise optical coating placement
- Scratch- and abrasion-resistant High Durable Coating (HDC) and hydrophobic AquaDura coating on outer lenses protect surfaces and cause water and oil to bead off lenses for easier cleaning and clearer vision in bad weather
- 301.2' field of view at 1000 yards
- Wide 68° apparent angle of view
- Long 13mm eye relief
- Comfortable 4.2mm exit pupil
Use and Handling
- Lubricant-free center focus system with PETP-Discs provides smooth movement throughout the operating temperature range
- 58-74mm interpupillary adjustment range
- ±4 right-eye dioptric correction with locking center diopter adjustment wheel
- Twist-out two-stage click-stop eyecups
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter
- Light and durable magnesium chassis
- Titanium center hinge axle
- Slip-resistant protective rubber-armored body
- Nitrogen-filled, fog proof and watertight to 16.5' (5m)
- Flip-down tethered objective lens caps
- Broad -13 to 131°F (-25 to 55°C) operating temperature
- Ergonomic thumb rests for added comfort and a better grip
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.