- SCHOTT HT Glass and 12 Lens Elements
- P40 Phase-Corrected Roof Prisms
- Anti-Reflection Fully Multi-Coated
- HighLux and AquaDura Optical Coatings
- Wide 62° Apparent Angle of View
- Nitrogen Filled, Water and Fogproof
- Dual-Hinge, Open-Bridge Configuration
- Magnesium Alloy Chassis
- Large Center Focusing Knob
- Twist-Up Click-Stop Eyecups
- MPN: 40384
The Leica's black 8x42 Noctivid Binoculars represent the perfect combination of form and function in a pair of binoculars. They are designed with an array of complementary technologies to produce bright and clear color-neutral images while fitting comfortably in the hand for long, fatigue-free glassing sessions.
The Noctivid binoculars' performance starts with the use of SCHOTT High Transmission glass with a 12-element lens configuration and their HighLux-System anti-reflection multi-coatings, followed by phase-corrected compact roof prisms. These features produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color rendition across the entire visible spectrum. Internal baffles limit scattered light in the optical tubes, which can affect clarity and contrast, while an innovative lens design and internal field flatteners ensure edge-to-edge clarity across the entire wide-angle field of view. The wide viewing angle and relatively low 8x magnification provide sweeping panoramic views that draw you in for a truly immersive observational experience.
The Noctivid binoculars are made with a dual-hinge/open bridge that provides added gripping surface area while reducing the overall weight without sacrificing strength or stability. The binoculars' chassis is made of a lightweight and strong magnesium alloy that, when combined with the bridge configuration, further reduces the weight while shifting the center of gravity to the natural hand position, which translates to an improved handling experience with greatly reduced fatigue, allowing you to hold the binoculars for extended periods of time. To withstand the rigors of extensive outdoor use, all of the metal surfaces are treated with a proprietary varnish coating to resist corrosion and wear and the optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be fog proof, waterproof, and submersible.
- Moderate 8x power magnifies views while helping to maintain a wide exit pupil and long eye relief
- 42mm objective lenses improve the light-gathering ability for enhanced low-light performance such as at dawn and dusk or when peering into dense brush
- SCHOTT HT (High Transmission) glass and 12 lens elements ensure accurate color rendition with limited distortion
- Multi-layer high-temperature plasma anti-reflection lens coating deposition process ensures balanced light transmission across the entire visible spectrum
- P40 phase-correcting prism coatings increase light transmission while improving contrast and clarity
- HighLux-System (HLS) maximizes light throughput to improve color rendition and contrast
- The internal baffle system reduces scattered light, which can interfere with contrast, color, and clarity
- Hydrophobic AquaDura coatings on external optical surfaces allow dirt, dust, and fingerprints to be removed easily
- Lens design and integrated field flatteners reduce spherical aberration and distortion across the entire field of view for edge-to-edge sharpness
- A wide 62° apparent angle of view produces a spacious view and an immersive observational experience
- Generous 406' field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Open-bridge / dual-hinge configuration provides additional gripping surface area for better handling
- The large slip-resistant center focusing wheel is easy to manipulate in cold and wet weather, or while wearing gloves
- 56-74mm adjustable interpupillary distance allows easy use for a wide variety of people
- ±4 right-eye dioptric correction range enables users to compensate for individual optical prescriptions for tack-sharp images
- Twist-out 4-position click-stop eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Long 19mm eye relief ensures comfortable to use with reduced eye strain, especially during long glassing sessions
- Wide 5.2mm exit pupil will completely cover pupils when they are open and fully dilated in low light to ensure the entire scene stays in view without vignetting
- Bridge design helps to reduce overall weight without sacrificing strength or stability
- Lightweight and durable magnesium alloy chassis
- Protective black rubberized armoring provides a slip-resistant grip in all weather conditions
- Nitrogen filled for fog proof performance, especially when moving through extreme temperature changes and environmental conditions
- O-ring sealed to be submersible to 16.5' (5m)
- Proprietary varnish coating protects metal surfaces from corrosion and wear
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.