47.3MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor and Maestro III Processor
5K and 4K Video Recording
Complementing the video quality, a dedicated Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) Photo Style mode and L-Log gamma profile can be used to expand highlight and shadow details and offer greater flexibility when color grading. Additionally, recording to an optional external recorder is possible, via the HDMI Type-A port, and support for an external microphone and headphones are also available via dedicated 3.5mm jacks.
Using sensor-shift stabilization technology, the SL2 also features a Multishot mode to capture and compile eight separate exposure to create a single 187MP raw or JPEG file. Suitable for static subjects and when working on a tripod, this mode creates a more highly detailed and color-accurate image than a single shot alone can produce and produces an image with a 16736 x 11168-pixel resolution.
- Used in conjunction with other members of the L-Mount Alliance, the L lens mount is a versatile interface with a mount diameter of 51.6mm and a flange distance of 20mm for working with a broad range of optics.
- An impressive EyeRes EVF is a high-resolution 5.76m-dot OLED finder offering a clear 0.78x configurable viewing magnification along with a smooth 120 fps refresh rate, 0.005-sec lag, and 10,000:1 contrast ratio.
- The large 3.2" 2.1m-dot touchscreen LCD is a bright, clear means for live view shooting as well as playback and menu navigation. This screen also uses Gorilla Glass for a highly durable design.
- In addition to the rear LCD, a 1.28" top-status LCD can also be used for quickly reviewing shooting settings, even when the camera is powered off.
- Durable, weather-sealed magnesium-alloy construction is splash, dust, and freezeproof to accommodate working in harsh weather conditions and trying environments.
- Dual UHS-II-compatible SD memory card slots offer flexible image storage, allowing you to segregate raw and JPEG files to different cards, save duplicate files to both cards or simply double your storage space with overflow recording.
- A USB Type-C port allows for fast file transfers as well as high-speed in-camera battery charging. Additionally, an HDMI Type A port benefits video applications and a 3.5mm microphone and headphone jacks suit advanced audio recording needs.
- BP-SCL4 rechargeable lithium-ion battery is rated for approximately 370 shots per charge when working with the rear monitor.
- Built-in Wi-Fi, when used in conjunction with the Leica FOTOS app for iOS and Android, permits sharing imagery directly to a linked mobile device and also enables remote control over the Q2 and remote shooting via a live view image. Additionally, Bluetooth LE helps to maintain a permanent connection between the mobile device and the camera, enabling remote waking of the camera and automatic connection anytime within range.
Leica Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH. Lens (L-Mount)
Pairing a favored focal length with a bright maximum aperture for flexible control, the black Summicron-SL 50mm f/2 ASPH. Lens from Leica is a wide-angle prime that puts image quality and refined optical design inside a compact, lightweight package. Designed for full-frame L-mount mirrorless cameras, the lens is comprised of nine elements in eight groups, and the three aspherical elements greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and distortions for notable image sharpness and clarity. The lens's f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in a variety of lighting conditions while offering precise control over focus position for working with shallow depth of field techniques, and a quiet and precise autofocus motor benefits both stills and video capture. Well-suited for nearly any photographic application, the 14.2 oz lens owes its lighter weight to the omission of optical image stabilization, and this compact workhorse is constructed with a metal body and weather-sealing for durability and protection in harsh environments and inclement weather conditions.
- Wide-angle 50mm L-mount prime designed for full-frame mirrorless cameras
- Fast internal focusing with inner direct drive
- Consistent f/2 maximum aperture for working in difficult lighting conditions
- Excellent sharpness across all f-stops and focus distances with creamy bokeh
- Three aspherical elements reduce chromatic and spherical aberrations for increased image sharpness and clarity
- Compact dimensions and lighter weight thanks to the omission of OIS
- Weather-sealed design protects against dust and moisture