- Full-Frame | f/2.8 to f/22
- Fast L-Series Telephoto Zoom
- Dual Nano USM AF System
- 5.5-Stop Image Stabilization
- Floating Focus Design
- Internal Zoom and Focusing Design
- Function/Focus Preset Selector Switch
- Fluorite, UD, and Aspherical Elements
- ASC, SSC, and Fluorine Coatings
- Weather-Sealed Design
The Canon RF 100-300mm f/2.8 L IS USM is a well-rounded lens for indoor sports, events, theater, fashion, and other subjects that benefitted from the unique mixture of long reach, high speed, adept image stabilization, and fast autofocus.
- The 100-300mm zoom design offers more versatility for tracking moving subjects, recording candid moments from a distance, and backing off from scenes a bit for a wider frame for more context.
- Despite switching to a zoom design, this lens retains the bright and constant f/2.8 maximum aperture that excels in available lighting conditions and helps to achieve a shallow depth of field to isolate subjects against a blurred background.
- A wholly new optical design includes fluorite elements and ultra-low dispersion glass, plus one aspherical element, to achieve a higher degree of clarity and sharpness with virtually no distortion.
- Canon's Air Sphere Coating (ASC) and Super Spectra Coating (SSC) minimize ghosting and flare to better enable working in backlit conditions or when facing strong lighting situations.
- The dual Nano USM system uses both a ring-type USM and an STM mechanism to realize quick and accurate focusing. The smooth and nearly silent focusing suits both photography and video applications and there is full-time manual focus control available.
- Two separate focusing groups are independently actuated for greater maintained sharpness throughout the zoom range and at different focus positions.
- The focus range limiter can be set to the full focusing range, from 5.9' to infinity, or from 19.7' to infinity range for quicker performance if working exclusively with distant subjects.
- Optical image stabilization compensates for up to 5.5 stops of camera shake; if paired with an EOS R camera featuring in-body image stabilization, this lens also supports Coordinated IS that offers up to 6 stops of shake correction.
- Weather-sealed design enables working in harsh environments and prevents dust and moisture from reaching the interior of the lens. Also, there is a front fluorine coating that prevents water, oils, and other residue types from sticking to the lens, making it easier to clean.
- Impressively lightweight for its speed and zoom range, this lens weighs 5.8 lb and measures 12.7" long.
- Internal focusing and zooming design maintains the overall length of the lens during operations and promotes quicker operations and more robust weather sealing.
- Built-in rotating tripod mount suits working with the lens atop a monopod or tripod and enables quick switching between vertical and horizontal shooting orientations.
- For intuitive handling and focus control, there is a Focus Preset button near the rear of the lens, which can be triggered with your right hand during use. This function allows pre-focusing on a spot, storing this focus distance, and being able to instantly return to the memorized position at the push of this button. Alternatively, a side switch enables utilizing these buttons as a secondary Lens Function (L-Fn) button instead.
- Four L-Fn buttons surround the front of the lens and these can be programmed to control a variety of lens or camera functions.
- Programmable Control Ring can be used for lens-based adjustment of various exposure or camera settings and comes with a click-stop operation by default for tactile feedback.
- Compatible with optional Extender RF 1.4x and 2x teleconverters for further extending the effective reach of this lens.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.