- 24.6MP Full-Frame Global Shutter Sensor
- Up to 120 fps Cont. Shooting with AF/AE
- Pre-Capture Function; Speed Boost Button
- Flash Sync at up to 1/80,000 Sec.
- 4K 120p 10-bit Video; S-Log3 & S-Cinetone
- 759-Point Phase-Detect AF with Tracking
- 8-Stop 5-Axis In-Body Image Stabilization
- 9.44m-Dot EVF with 240 fps Refresh Rate
- 3.2" 2.1m-Dot 4-Axis Touchscreen LCD
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD Card Slots
The Sony a9 III is a speedy and incredibly capable system for sports, wildlife, photojournalism, and much, much more. This revolutionary sensor technology raises the bar for full-frame imaging, including the ability to shoot raw continuously at up to 120 fps and enjoy flash sync up to the maximum shutter speed of 1/80,000 second. Blending the functionality of this 24.6MP sensor with Sony's powerful BIONZ XR processor and AI Processing Unit results in a system that will provide unmatched performance for those looking for an incredibly responsive and reliable camera system.
Global Shutter—A First for Mirrorless
Global shutters help ensure consistent and uniform exposure across the entire frame in all lighting conditions. Flash sync is possible at any shutter speed the maximum of 1/80,000 second. The simultaneous readout also prevents banding from certain light sources, such as fluorescent lighting. In a gym, outside, or with mixed artificial lighting, the a9 III will handle it with ease.
Pre-Capture & Speed Boost—Never Miss a Moment
- Pre-Capture: The a9 III can be configured to begin recording images to the buffer when the shutter button is half-pressed. Users can set this between 0.05-1.0 seconds. Upon pressing the shutter these images will be saved to the memory card.
- Speed Boost: Not every shoot calls for the a9 III's impressive max speed of 120 fps. With Speed Boost and the C5 button, which is conveniently placed near the grip on the front of the camera, users can instantly switch their camera from their usual continuous shooting frame rate to a faster one to make sure their next shot is just right. Photographers will be able to select various frame rates up to 120 fps.
Pro-Quality 4K Video
- The a9 III captures and downsamples the full 6K image area to produce high-quality UHD 4K video up to 60 fps. It can also record 4K up to 120 fps with no crop.
- Record 10-bit 4:2:2 internally using All-I encoding for maximum quality.
- Output 16-bit raw via the full-size HDMI port to a compatible external recorder.
- S-Log3, S-Cinetone, and other Picture Profiles are available for optimizing the image for your workflow and production environment.
Refined Body Design
- Addition of a C5 custom button to the front of the camera body.
- Continuous shooting mode dial can now be disabled and shooting speed can be adjusted in the menu.
- Enhanced grip and the shutter button has been slightly moved to provide a more ergonomic experience.
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD card slots provide versatility, allowing users to use existing media or pick up the faster CFexpress options to take full advantage of the a9 III's increased speed.
- USB-C port now offers faster USB 3.2 Gen 2 speeds of up to 10 Gb/s.
- 3.2" 2.1m-dot 4-axis multi-angle touchscreen first seen on the a7R V. This screen has a wide color gamut covering the DCI-P3 space.
- 9.44m-dot 0.90x OLED electronic viewfinder with a maximum refresh rate of 240 fps. The a9 III benefits from maximum quality viewing at up to 120 fps.
- Ethernet port for advanced networking and data transfer workflows.
- The optional VG-C5EM Vertical Grip is designed to match the updated ergonomics of the a9 III, including the new C5 button.
Future Firmware Updates
- The ability to shoot continuously at up to 120 fps when using the maximum shutter speed of 1/80,000 second.
- Workflow enhancements for IPTC metadata and FTP functions.
- Addition of C2PA technology from the Content Authenticity Initiative
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.