- E-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Six Low Dispersion Elements
- Three Aspherical Elements
- BBAR-G2 and Fluorine Coatings
- Dual VXD Linear AF Motors
- Floating Elements System
- Moisture-Resistant Construction
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
The Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD is a unique take on the ubiquitous and popular telephoto zoom. Designed for full-frame Sony E-mount cameras, this lens spans a useful short-telephoto to mid-telephoto range and is characterized by its f/2.8 maximum aperture to suit working in available light conditions and for controlling depth of field. A sophisticated optical design includes a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements to correct a variety of aberrations and a BBAR-G2 coating helps to reduce flare and ghosting for high contrast and color accuracy. Additionally, a floating elements system is used to ensure consistent image quality throughout the focusing range, from 2.8' to infinity. Autofocus is handled by a pair of VXD linear motor units, which deliver notably fast, accurate, and quiet focusing performance, and full-time manual focus control is also available. Suiting this lens's use in inclement weather conditions, it also features a moisture-resistant construction along with a fluorine-coated front element to protect against fingerprints and smudging.
- Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it will provide a 105-270mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright constant f/2.8 maximum aperture affords consistent brightness throughout the zoom range and offers improved control over depth of field.
- Six low dispersion elements, including both XLD (eXtra Low Dispersion) and LD (Low Dispersion) designs, greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to realize improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Three aspherical elements, including both glass-molded and hybrid types, help to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion for high sharpness and accurate rendering throughout the zoom range.
- BBAR-G2 (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection Generation 2) Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting to achieve greater contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Two VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive) linear motors deliver impressively quiet, quick, and precise focusing performance to suit both stills and video applications. This focusing system offers a minimum focusing distance of 2.8' at all focal lengths, and a 1:4.6 maximum magnification at the 180mm focal length for working with close-up subjects. Full-time manual focus override is also possible, and it is compatible with Sony's Direct Manual Focus function or fine-tuned manual control.
- Two VXD units work in conjunction with a floating elements system to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- When working with manual focus at the 70mm focal length position, it is possible to focus as closely as 10.6" with a 1:2 maximum magnification ratio, however, peripheral image quality may be reduced.
- A moisture-resistant construction benefits this lens' use in inclement conditions, and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front lens element to protect against dust, dirt, and smearing.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- The Zoom Lock switch prevents unwanted barrel extension during transportation.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.