- Full-Frame | f/1.4 to f/16
- G-Master Design with Advanced Optics
- Two XD Linear AF Motors, Internal Focus
- Focus Hold Buttons & Iris Lock Switch
- Physical Aperture Ring & De-Click Switch
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Nano AR II & Fluorine Coatings
- Dust and Moisture-Resistant Construction
The Sony FE 50mm f/1.4 GM Lens is designed with sophisticated elements and advanced optics to provide uncompromising image quality for still and video shooters alike. A member of the esteemed G Master lens family, this versatile normal-length prime provides a natural field of view, allowing you to create memorable images to last a lifetime. An excellent choice for everyday use, this lens also includes a fast and precise autofocus system in a lightweight and compact design making it convenient to take with you everywhere you go.
G Master Resolution and Bokeh
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) elements minimize aberrations and distortions while also providing outstanding resolution and sharpness.
- One ED (extra-low dispersion) glass element effectively eliminates chromatic aberration and color fringing to produce a high degree of clarity and color accuracy.
- Applied to specific elements, a Nano AR Coating II greatly reduces reflective light to decrease ghosting and flare for increased contrast and color accuracy in strong lighting conditions.
- Bright f/1.4 maximum aperture provides a very shallow depth of field for pleasing background blur when using selective focus techniques.
- Ideal for portraits, a circular 11-blade aperture produces deep and dreamy bokeh.
- Beyond depth of field control and pleasing bokeh, the lens's f/1.4 aperture also allows for handheld shooting in low-light conditions.
- Maximizing the advantages of the latest camera bodies, two XD Linear Motors provide quick, quiet, and precise autofocus and subject-tracking performance. Designed to enhance control for both stills and movies, this design also provides natural manual focus control when desired. Located on the lens barrel, an AF/MF switch enables tactile control for these settings.
- The internal focusing design offers more responsive focusing performance and maintains a consistent overall lens length during operation.
- A minimum autofocusing distance of 16" allows for dynamic close-up images.
Controls and Functions
- New for Sony primes, an iris lock switch prevents the aperture ring from being accidentally moved. This switch can also be unlocked allowing the aperture ring to rotate seamlessly and silently.
- Benefitting video applications, an easy-to-read aperture ring with f-stop engraving can be quickly de-clicked on the lens barrel for smooth and silent aperture control.
- Two focus hold buttons are featured on the lens barrel for intuitive control and rapid access to select settings.
- Tactile in its design, a Linear Response manual focus ring provides fine linear focus control.
Compact and Durable Design
- Despite its wide f/1.4 maximum aperture, complex optical design, and inclusion of a high-performance AF system, this lens still manages to be compact and lightweight for everyday use, measuring 3.1 x 3.7" and weighing just 18 oz.
- Meant for use in challenging conditions, this lens features dust and moisture-resistant construction. All seams are sealed, buttons and switches have silicone rubber gaskets, and a rubber ring seals the lens mount.
- Fluorine coating on the front element repels water, oil, fingerprints, and contaminants while also making the lens easy to clean.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.