- EF-S-Mount Lens/APS-C Format
- 28.8-88mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/3.5 to f/38
- One Aspherical Element
- Super Spectra Coating
- Micro Motor AF System
- Optical Image Stabilizer
- Rounded 6-Blade Diaphragm
The EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS from Canon is a standard zoom offering a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range. One aspherical element is featured in the lens design and helps to control spherical aberrations and distortion throughout the zoom range for consistent sharpness and clarity. A Super Spectra coating has also been applied to individual elements to control flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color accuracy in all lighting conditions. Complementing the imaging capabilities is a four-stop-effective Image Stabilizer system that minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting. Additionally, a Micro Motor autofocus system delivers quick focusing performance and a minimum focusing distance of 9.8" is available at all focal lengths for close-up shooting.
- Compact standard zoom is designed for APS-C-format Canon EF-S-mount DSLRs, and offers a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range.
- One aspherical element is used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain sharpness and clarity.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- A Micro Motor autofocus system provides quick focusing performance and a dedicated AF/MF switch allows for quick switching between auto and manual focusing methods.
- Minimum focusing distance of 9.8" is available throughout the zoom range for working with close-up subjects.
- Rounded six-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.