8.2 Megapixel CMOS Sensor... Canon's all-new large-area CMOS (complementary metal oxide semiconductor) Sensor captures images with exceptional clarity and tonal range and offers the most pixels in its class. This 2nd generation APS-C size sensor (22.5 x 15.0mm) has the same 3:2 ratio as film cameras, enabling an effective angle of view that is 1.6x the normal EF Lens focal length.
The EOS 20D has an extensive ISO range (from 100 to 1600 plus ISO 3200 in extended mode), and the sensor features a newly developed set of narrow-gap microlenses and noise reduction circuits to improve performance at high ISOs, and optimized photodiode configurations for improved performance at all ISOs. This results in larger, clearer, sharper, and more detailed photographs right from the start.
The Second Generation DIGIC II Image Processor enhances every aspect of image capture. Information captured by the CMOS Sensor is processed and assembled into images of exceptional quality by this new Image Processor. With the DIGIC II Image Processor on board, photographers can expect precise, natural colors, and spot-on white balance in any number of lighting situations.
Through sophisticated signal processing algorithms, the DIGIC II Image Processor even accelerates all aspects of image capture, while consuming less energy than other processors.
The EOS 20D has been designed to capture images with speeds that had been reserved for professional-level cameras. Whether it's the 0.2-second start-up time, the high-speed mirror drive, or the class-leading 65 msec. shutter release lag time, or the predictive AF focusing at speeds up to 5 frames-per-second, the EOS 20D will amaze and delight photographers who don't want to wait for their camera when they're ready to shoot.
The 20D's CMOS Sensor allows 4-channel high-speed data readout, and the DIGIC II Image Processor processes the data quickly, writing files to the CompactFlash card faster, and allowing continuous shooting for up to 23 frames (JPEG Large/Fine) with significant reductions in buffer clearing times.
The EOS 20D has a newly developed high-precision 9-point AF system for speedy and accurate focusing in any situation. An improved focusing screen with a precision matte finish enables brighter and easier manual focus.
A newly developed multi-controller, conveniently located on the back of the camera for thumb-controlled action, allows the photographer to instantly choose any of the 9 focus points, or direct the camera to choose them automatically.
Focusing points are positioned in the viewfinder in a wide diamond-shaped array, allowing the user to achieve focus quickly in numerous compositions and situations. The EOS 20D feels solid and rugged in your hands ensuring stable, easy handling. Its rigid chassis combines engineering plastic with stainless steel and is covered by strong, lightweight magnesium alloy panels on the top, front, and rear.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Or Canon https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/groups/gray-market
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.