- 24.1MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- UHD 4K24p Video, Vertical Video Support
- 45-Point All Cross-Type Phase-Detect AF
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Eye Detection
- ISO 100-25600, Up to 7 fps Shooting
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- 220,000-Pixel AE Sensor
- EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
The Canon EOS Rebel T8i is a versatile DSLR with well-rounded photo and video capabilities. Featuring a 24.1MP APS-C-format CMOS sensor and DIGIC 8 image processor, high-resolution stills and UHD 4K video recording are supported, along with a wide ISO 100-25600 sensitivity range to suit working in a variety of lighting conditions. Benefitting the imaging attributes, the sensor's design also facilitates Dual Pixel CMOS AF, which uses phase-detection autofocus for quick, accurate, and smooth focusing performance when recording movies or shooting stills in live view. When shooting stills using the optical viewfinder, a 45-point all cross-type phase-detection system is used for quick and accurate focusing in a variety of shooting scenarios.
The physical design incorporates a 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD, which uses a vari-angle design to permit easier viewing from high, low, and even front-facing angles. Additionally, built-in Wi-Fi with NFC is available for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device.
When recording video or shooting in live view, a Dual Pixel CMOS AF system is employed that offers smooth and fast focusing performance in a similar manner to how a camcorder acquires focus. This system integrates two separate photodiodes within each pixel to provide a broad and dense network of phase-detection gathering elements across a majority of the image sensor to reduce focus hunting for faster, more direct control of focus placement. When working with still imagery, this focusing system works to acquire focus quickly and accurately, making it ideally suited to shooting and tracking moving subjects so that critical focus is attained with each shot. Eye Detection AF can also be employed to prioritize focus on a recognized subject's eye. When shooting video, a Movie Servo AF mode offers smooth and natural focusing when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene, as well as the ability to specify tracking sensitivity, AF speed, and Face Tracking priority. Benefited by the Touch AF system, rack focus is possible simply by touching elements within the scene on the touchscreen in order to change focus in an intuitive manner. Subject tracking in movies is also heightened due to the Dual Pixel CMOS AF system's ability to recognize subjects and maintain focus when working within changing or cluttered scenery.
- Large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD provides an intuitive method for controlling focusing points, navigating menus, and reviewing imagery. This screen also features a vari-angle design to better enable working from high and low angles.
- Optical pentamirror viewfinder serves a clear means for eye-level shooting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for easy wireless sharing of both photos and movies to a linked mobile device.
- Bluetooth permits linking a smartphone or tablet for quick image sharing between devices as well as remote control capabilities.
- A 220,000-pixel AE metering sensor benefits both autofocus and exposure metering precision and enables Color Tracking for more accurately detecting skin colors.
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
A versatile standard zoom for Canon APS-C-format DSLRs, the EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens is a sleek and flexible option for everyday shooting. Spanning a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range, this lens covers wide-angle to portrait-length perspectives, and features an Optical Image Stabilizer to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four stops for sharper handheld shooting. One aspherical element is featured in the optical design to improve sharpness and resolution by minimizing spherical aberrations and distortion, and a Super Spectra coating has also been applied to suppress flare and ghosting. Additionally, an STM stepping AF motor is used to realize quick and near-silent autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- Standard 18-55mm zoom lens is designed for APS-C-format Canon DSLRs and provides a 28.8-88mm equivalent focal length range.
- One aspherical element is used to reduce distortion and spherical aberrations throughout the zoom range in order to maintain sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to four shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds.
- An STM stepping AF motor realizes smooth, near-silent autofocus that is complemented by advanced AF algorithms and a high-speed CPU for fast AF performance. Additionally, full-time manual focus override is also available.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.