The Canon FS200 is a flash memory camcorder for the budget-minded that can capture up to 20 hours of video on a removable 32GB card. Flash memory is a compact media that doesn't rely on moving parts to work; it's also easy to upload to your computer for editing and sharing on the Internet.
The FS200 features a 1/6" CCD image sensor, Canon's DIGIC DV II Image Processor, 41x Advanced Zoom, and a 2.7" LCD display. This camera also captures digital stills and comes with extras like an external microphone and headphone jacks.
Soccer moms and dads will appreciate the Pre-record mode, which captures a full 3 seconds of video before you hit the button, ensuring that you won't miss the start of the action.
In addition, the built-in video light, Quick Start mode, and Intelligent Li-ion battery all make your recording experience a pleasant one. The FS200 gives you the convenience of flash memory at an affordable price.
Record to Flash Memory
Image Sensor & DIGIC DV II
41x Advanced Zoom
2.7" Widescreen LCD
Electronic Image Stabilization
Creative Control & Workflow Features
- External microphone and headphone jack
- Built-in video light for capturing video in low light
- Capture video and stills simultaneously with Dual Shot Mode
- Quick Start starts camera up for recording when LCD is opened
- Pre-record: Camera records 3 seconds of video before you press record
- Joystick Control: Operate the basic functions of the camera all in one spot
- Quick Charge powers up a camera in 20 minutes for 60 minutes of recording time
- Video Snapshot Mode: Capture a series of 4-second video clips - add music background
- Variable Zoom Speed Control gives you three fixed speeds for fluid transitions
- Intelligent Li-ion Battery powers the camera and displays battery life left on the LCD screen
- Level and Grid Markers help you compose better shots by lining up the horizontal lines in your images