The Canon VIXIA HV20 HDV Camcorder brings the power of professional-level HD recording to the consumer at a price that won't break the bank. The VIXIA HV20 captures images in genuine HD resolution of 1920 x 1080, so you are shooting in real HDTV, all on a mini HDV tape. One of the biggest features this camera brings to the consumer camcorder market is the ability to capture in 24p, the same frame rate used in a movie film.
Canon improves upon the standard CCD camcorders by using a 1/2.7" CMOS sensor to generate images. The 2.96MP CMOS sensor tends to process faster than a CCD for richer color and sharper detail. When you add a Canon Optics HD lens, 10x optical zoom, and a DV II processor you get ultra-sharp color and incredible detail even from a distance. In order to ensure you get the highest possible video quality and picture Canon added an HDMI output and hot shoe terminal to the HV20.
As impressive as the HV20 is as a camcorder, it gets even better as a 3.1 megapixel digital still camera. Store images on tiny HC Mini-SD memory cards with the Mini-SD card slot. The optical image stabilizer and advanced AF autofocus make it easy to get crisp clean video and photos. Choosing and using the enhanced features such as Smooth Zoom Zebra Pattern and Level Shot Control, are easy thanks to the 2.7" LCD screen.
Canon fit everything you can ask from a camcorder in the HV20, all in a body that fits comfortably in your pocket. Now if they could only develop a "remove 10 pounds feature"...
1/2.7" 2.96MP True HD CMOS Sensor (1920 x 1080)
24p Cinema Mode
The HV20 also offers Playback of 60i, 30F, 24F, and 24p video.
HD 1920 x 1080
DIGIC DV ll Processor
Instant AF (Auto Focus)
Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS)
Variable Zoom Speed Control
Level and Grid Markers
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.