- Capture Accurate Color w/o Trial & Error
- Spectrally Neutral
- Reference Values to Adjust RAW Settings
- Black Trap for Shadow Detail Control
- Able to Set Color Temperature Value
- Adjust Shadow/Highlight Detail in RAW
- Ideal for Studio or Location Shooting
- Also Works in JPEG Workflow
- Protective Storage Pouch
The SpyderCUBE RAW Calibration Tool from Datacolor is a compact (1.5"/3.8 cm square), digital color balancing tool that not only allows you to correct the color temperature but also the exposure, brightness and black point of your images. The SpyderCUBE is a spectrally neutral three-dimensional tool that's small enough to fit in your pocket or camera bag and gives you all the features needed to easily adjust your images in post-production. Its multi-sided construction allows special attention to highlights and shadows, and contains more features for image control than a gray card or white balance tool.
Just place the SpyderCUBE in the lighting conditions under which you will be photographing. Orient the cube so that the lower black face, containing the black trap, is at the bottom front, and the two split white/gray faces are both visible. Take a photograph that includes the Cube. It makes several measurements that make it possible for you to be confident that your colors are accurate, your shadows and highlights are properly exposed, and your image is adjusted to the ideal density, regardless of the lighting conditions. These functions give you the data you need:
1 Chrome Ball - Measures catchlight to analyze specular highlights.
2 White Face(s) - Define highlights in relation to catchlight.
3 Gray Face(s) - Measures color temperature and midtone response.
4 Black Face - Defines shadows in relation to black trap.
5 Black Trap - Defines absolute black.
By using SpyderCUBE under the same lighting conditions as your photos, you can optimally adjust all the
photos in RAW conversion using the information the Spyder 3D shot provides. The SpyderCUBE is easy enough for the advanced amateur and sophisticated enough for professionals.
- Reference tool to achieve accurate colors without trial-and-error operations in RAW processing.
- SpyderCUBE provides all relevant light information for the RAW adjustments:
- * Chrome Ball to measure catchlight to analyze overexposed areas.
- * White Faces to define highlights in relation to catchlight.
- * Spectrally neutral 18% Grey Faces to measure color temperature and midtones in all lighting conditions.
- * Black Trap to define absolute black.
- * Black Face to define shadows in relation to black trap.
- Easy to use and compatible with all RAW converter software.
- Essential for RAW processing but can also be used when processing images in a JPG workflow.
- Small and handy, it fits in any photo bag
- Ideal for location shooting (outdoor or indoor) and studios
- Capture accurate color without a lot of trial and error manipulation
- Spectrally Neutral, so that the Cube responds accurately to all lighting conditions
- Provides reference values to check and adjust RAW control settings
- Includes Black Trap for shadow detail control
- Allows users to instantly correct color images by setting color temperature value
- Allows users to accurately adjust shadows and highlight detail in any RAW image
Package Dimensions: 8.0 x 3.3 x 2.8 inches
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.