- Carbon fiber construction for the ultimate in lightness and rigidity.
- ALR (Anti Leg Rotation) system allows extremely quick and easy setup.
- Ground-level set to feature for extremely low-level shooting.
- Reversible center column.
Details: When Gitzo launched the Mountaineer tripods in 1994, they were the World’s first carbon fiber tripods. Ever since then they have set the standard for performance and quality. The main feature of the range is the new 6X carbon fiber tube, made of a unique structure of 6 crossed layers that maximizes rigidity, vibration absorption, and lightweight performance. 6X tube has a high-density structure made of top-quality ultra-thin carbon fibers (7?m or 0.007 mm). Built-in Anti Leg Rotation is now a feature of the whole carbon fiber range. Mountaineer tripods have been further improved with features and details that increase performance, versatility, and quality. The ground level set feature allows you to remove the center column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. Uses existing components: the upper disc with reversible 1/4 - 3/8 bolt and the column hook assembly: Remove column and fix the disk directly to the upper casting using the column hook. The column hook allows you to hang a stabilizing weight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) from the bottom of the tripod center column. Useful with long heavy lenses, on uneven ground, or in windy conditions. minimum height: 6.69 in; series: 2; weight: 3.00 lbs. This replaces the Gitzo GT2540.
Package Dimensions: 25.5 x 5.0 x 4.5 inches
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.