- Leica M-Mount Lens
- Aperture Range: f/2 to f/16
- Apochromatic Design
- One Aspherical Element
- Floating Elements System
- Manual Focus Design
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 2.3'
- Filter Thread: 39mm
- Built-In Extendable Lens Hood
The silver anodized APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH. Lens from Leica is a fast standard prime characterized by its apochromatic designation. Using anomalous partial dispersion and high refractive index glasses in its design, this lens is capable of focusing red, green, and blue wavelengths at the same plane in order to virtually eliminate chromatic aberrations. One aspherical element is also featured in the design, to reduce spherical aberrations, and a floating element maintains clarity and sharpness throughout the focusing range from 2.3' to infinity. This compact 50mm lens is also distinguished by its compact form factor, making it ideal for use as an everyday lens. Like all M-mount lenses, this 50mm f/2 features a manual focus design and a convenient focusing tab for more refined control during use.
- The apochromatic design employs three elements made from anomalous partial color dispersion glass, as well as two high refractive index elements, in order to suppress chromatic aberrations throughout the aperture range for increased color accuracy and clarity.
- One aspherical element reduces spherical aberrations for improved sharpness from edge to edge.
- A floating element is used to maintain clarity and sharpness throughout the focusing range, from 2.3' to infinity.
- In addition to the apochromatic designation, this lens also pairs a Gaussian-type optical construction in front of the aperture along with a design resembling the Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 behind the aperture, in order to significantly reduce distortion while also increasing overall sharpness and consistent illumination.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also affords greater control over the depth of field.
- The compact overall design is ideal for use in everyday shooting situations.
- Manual focus design provides a minimum focusing distance of 2.3' with a maximum magnification ratio of 1:11.3.
- Built-in extendable lens hood shades protect the front element to reduce lens flare and ghosting. Additionally, the front of the lens is threaded to accept 39mm screw-in filters.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.