- F-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 82.5-450mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Aperture Range: f/4.5 to f/22
- Two ED Elements and One HRI Element
- Super Integrated Coating
- Silent Wave Motor AF System
- VR II Image Stabilization
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR is an 82.5-450mm-equivalent telephoto zoom for DX-format Nikon DSLRs. Its optical design features a pair of extra-low dispersion elements along with one high refractive index element, which helps to reduce both chromatic and spherical aberrations in order to realize a high degree of sharpness and clarity. Super Integrated Coating has also been applied to control flare and ghosting in order to increase contrast and color accuracy when working in harsh lighting conditions. Benefitting the lens's long reach is Vibration Reduction, which compensates for up to three stops of camera shake to promote sharper handheld imagery. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor is also featured to provide fast and near-silent autofocus performance and full-time manual focus adjustment override.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for DX-format Nikon F-mount cameras and provides an 82.5-450mm equivalent focal length.
- One high refractive index element is used to reduce spherical aberrations, field curvature, and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Super-integrated coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override.
- VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by three stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- The rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out-of-focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
If a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Products which are imported and sold other than by Authorized Dealers are referred to as "Gray Market" (or "parallel") products. Camera Wholesalers will never sell you illegitimate products.
Camera Wholesalers are authorized retailer for:
- Canon http://downloads.canon.com/dealer/canon-ad-06-04-20.pdf
- Nikon https://cdn-6.nikon-cdn.com/where-to-buy/nikon_img_auth_dealers.pdf
- Sony https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Leica https://us.leica-camera.com/Stores-Dealers/Leica-dealer-locator
- Fujifilm https://stagewww.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST.pdf
- Olympus https://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/AuthorizedDealers.pdf
- Tamron https://www2.tamron-usa.com/dealers.aspx?alpha=C
- Sigma https://www.sigmaphoto.com/where-to-buy-sigma
- Manfrotto https://www.manfrotto.com/us-en/find-a-store/
- GoPro https://gopro.com/en/us/store-locator
- And many more
Why are Gray Market products risky?
No branded Warranty
- Gray Market products may contain a limited warranty from the seller, but they are not covered by a Canon/Nikon etc. USA warranty.
Not eligible for repair service
- Not eligible for USA repair service by the relevant brand, even if you want to pay for it.
- May include counterfeit or third party accessories that could damage your equipment.
Missing user manuals
- User manuals are often missing, incomplete or photocopied, and they may even be in a foreign language.
- The software included often is either copied or counterfeit.
May not be as expected
- Since Gray Market products were not designed for sale in the USA, they may not meet your expectations.
Wrong power cord
- May include an incorrect power cord or adapter not designated for use in the USA.
Not eligible for rebates
- Gray Market products are not eligible for USA promotions or instant rebates from the relevant brand.
Learn more on Nikon https://www.nikonusa.com/en/nikon-store/gray-market.page
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.